The mkiv Supra Owners Club

split heater matrix

lovatt

Not a nice job with the whole dash coming off so £££ in labour - this is what my car went in for when they had the crash so, I got it FOC in the end but, I'm sure it was ~£800 - £900 but, I did not make a note of the price.

Heater Matrix part was £205 P/N 87107-14190 ( I assume it's the same for a jspec ?)

Hold on.....£632 labour but, I remember he quoted for a MKIII so, had to stick to it otherwise it would have been more for the MKIV.

All toyota pricing btw :)

thanks for the edited info mate :thumbs: £205 isnt bad, the one i have is out of a 98 car so fingers crossed its in good condition when i get it, if it isnt any good when i get it there is no way im putting it in to go again 2 years down the line, at £205 ill buy a new one

I`ve not seen one out of a Supra but i`ve had a couple go on my Daihatsu`s. All i did was to have them recored like you would a radiator. Cost me £30 a throw but they aren`t that big. Also peace of mind as you never know what you`re getting with a secondhand unit. If you do it yourself then make sure you use distilled water mixed with your anti-freeze as this will ensure you should never have to do it again within the next few years.

• 2 weeks later...

started doing it on friday night, just finished stripping it and have taken the old matrix out, what a nightmare, everything and i mean EVERYTHING has to come out, even the main crashbar behind the dash, looms and wires everywhere, aslo had to de-gas my aircon to remove the heater unit,

i wouldnt recomend doing this yourself unless your in the trade, just got to put it all back together now :blink:

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

Yep, I have seen this process happen on mine at the dealership, you are right EVERYTHING comes out :eek:

Hope it all goes well for you :thumbs:

Peter dont forget to tell Liam excactly when he has to go smash his car up !!!!!:eek: ;)

dude:flame Dev

looms galore !! its the aftermarket stuff thats the worst, clifford concept 600 with ALL the optional extras, fog, el dials, rca cables remote leads, speedo converter, boost controler all that stuff :(

only pic i have is one off my phone (must get a digi cam !) and its the worst pic in the world, think you can get the idea though, you should be looking through the drivers door to see the dash glove boxes steering wheel and dials :eek:

I tried to get the one out of my donor crash wagon but after an hour of trying to figure out how to get it out with the entire dashboard and wiring harnesses allready out I reduced to neanderthal "it won't beat me" man. i took a crowbar to the mo fo and surprisingly that didn't get the littel mutha hubbard out either. In the end I gave it up for a bad deal and twatted the hell out of it with a lump hammer (made me feel better lol)