The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F.A.O members running aftermarket intakes

Parry_10

Just wondering how you are running your idle control valve? as you can bolt it up underneath but then you cant keep the check valve... so whats the best thing to do? im thinking of deleting mine all together and running a higher idle off the throttle butterfly stop

I'm using a mkiii TT icv as the stock plug fits stright in, then drilling and tapping a fitting before the butterfly and running a hose from that stright to the mkiii icv. :)

yeh but how are you fitting the check valve? as it sits in the stock manifold but cant in an aftermarket one... maybe only TT has it

The greddy manifold has a place for it, it runs off the back of the manifold. Lee has tucked mine out the way.

do you still run the stock icv rob and still have the check valve? there is a place underneath mine for it to bolt to but the check valve sits in the manifold so what I dont understand is what people do with the check valve as if you put it in it will just fall into the plenum... theres no where for it to sit

Mine is under the intake, Lee welded a plate on, you can run without one, i never had one on my red supra and it was never an issue.

yeh there is a place under the intake for mine to bolt on to I just dont get how you can run the check valve part of it

do you still run the stock icv rob and still have the check valve? there is a place underneath mine for it to bolt to but the check valve sits in the manifold so what I dont understand is what people do with the check valve as if you put it in it will just fall into the plenum... theres no where for it to sit

Robs has an adapter plate that retains the check valve :)

yeah i run stock icv, lee fitted everything when the car was with him as i wanted it out the way. im sure there is a adaptor plate for it but dont hold me to that

What check valve are we talking about here, got a picture?

yeh mate its in the link I posted if you look you can see on a stock intake the check valve and rubber gromit has a place to sit but in an aftermarket manifold its just a hole meaning no where for it to sit so I guess you need some sort of adaptor plate for every aftermarket intake if your going to run the icv

yeh mate its in the link I posted if you look you can see on a stock intake the check valve and rubber gromit has a place to sit but in an aftermarket manifold its just a hole meaning no where for it to sit so I guess you need some sort of adaptor plate for every aftermarket intake if your going to run the icv

Most manifold kits get everything included to do it.. get your card out and buy a greddy manifold! :eyebrows:

Ahhh aye, you can get away without using it, it doesn't effect it a great deal if I'm honest. Suprafans car doesn't or didn't have 1 fitted iirc and the idle was fine.

Ahhh aye, you can get away without using it, it doesn't effect it a great deal if I'm honest. Suprafans car doesn't or didn't have 1 fitted iirc and the idle was fine.

are you saying you dont need to have the check valve? im sure you do.. ?