The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Model Supra build :) 1:24

DJT88

Nice work :thumbs:

I loved making models as a kid. Would speed hours researching the subject and colour scheme, then make a little diorama to display it.

Mine were mostly 1/48 aircraft.

A few weeks ago, whilst cleaning the loft at my parents, I found a few i'd made in a cardboard box. Now my fiancée wants to put them in the house - Result!

Just finished,.. today actually,... a wooden boat i bought on holiday. Could easily get back into the hobby. Very relaxing :)

I loved making models as a kid. Would speed hours researching the subject and colour scheme, then make a little diorama to display it.

A few weeks ago, whilst cleaning the loft at my parents, I found a few i'd made in a cardboard box. Now my fiancée wants to put them in the house - Result!

Just finished,.. today actually,... a wooden boat i bought on holiday. Could easily get back into the hobby. Very relaxing :)

Thanks! didn't think I'd enjoy building it this much. :D

Where do people keep getting these from? I want one. That way, when the missus moans I'm spending too much time in the garage on the car, I can come inside and work on the car instead ;)

Think im just going to buy myself a early Christmas present lol and what Listy35 said :D

Just started putting mine together last night, Ill try and get some pics up later on.

Im going custom on the exhaust though so im making a hks superdragger out of some of the left over moulding and an old parker ink cartridge, I wanted to make mine the same as my supra so im on the hunt for some small wheels, I came across these but think there a bit to costly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-18-BBS-20-REAL-ALUMINIUM-ALLOY-WHEELS-MODIFIED-SELECT-STYLE-COLOUR-ETC-/370576942905?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&var=&hash=item950441e54b

I need them in gold and there pretty much spot on, but a bit pricey. but not bad considering there custom made

I've got something I think you'll like :)

Pics to follow.

I bought this a while ago after seeing pictures of it on the Internet. It's the result of hundreds of hours of painstaking work, and it is ridiculously well detailed. The pictures really do not do this justice.

It's a 1/48th scale of an Avro Lancaster, damaged by its own photoflash flares accidentally igniting.

This image is the subject

image^

And the model.

image^

image^

image^

image^

image^

image^

image^

image^

image^

iv done loads. Here are a few pics I have on my phone. Not got many tho

I love the jeep it's tiny. I'm in the middle of making an American big rig but have not touched it for ages

Baught this off eBay but it wasnt very accurate. I had to modify it quite a bit. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339416553.364008.jpg

Halfway through a f40

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339416651.347258.jpg

Enzo completed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339416747.725387.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339416855.012693.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339416883.460954.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339416923.441945.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339416986.313299.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1339417035.778054.jpg

I bought this a while ago after seeing pictures of it on the Internet. It's the result of hundreds of hours of painstaking work, and it is ridiculously well detailed. The pictures really do not do this justice.

It's a 1/48th scale of an Avro Lancaster, damaged by its own photoflash flares accidentally igniting.

OMG!!! I love that! Did you build it yourself?????

Looks so detailed. I can even see the footprints around the damaged fuselage.

If you didn't mind me asking, Where did you get if from?

OMG!!! I love that! Did you build it yourself?????

Looks so detailed. I can even see the footprints around the damaged fuselage.

If you didn't mind me asking, Where did you get if from?

I bought it here: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230747712587

After seeing it here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t75947.html (pics are down now though)

I bought it as you see it, I wouldn't have the skill or patience. The chap who built it is an ex RAF engineer. It's huge, and lives in a container in the loft most of the time. I think I'm going to loan in to the Yorkshire air Museum, though I suspect if I do I'll never see it again :(

I think it's just my crappy pictures :p

I do use microsol decal softener so the decals fit the surfaces better. I brush it on after I've put the decal down. They go all wrinkled and very soft so very easily break but after they dry they look great

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3628/3576926078_18179063ab_o.jpg

I can't be bothered to be that professional. If a decal is ruined I just leave it off. It's very delicate stuff and needs to be handled with care for sure.

I had some throuble putting the decal on the brake calipers. (off course before putting the wheels on)

rim124.jpg

• 3 months later...

Finally found the courage to continue with this. The project has been on hold for a while after I messed up the body and had to respray...

Some pictures to show the progress.

It's almost finished now, just have to put the headlight glass in and attach the side mirrors. Then attach the bonnet and find a way it stays up so everyone can see that 1:24 2JZ-GTE :D

IMG_5983 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5985 (Medium).JPG

IMG_5987 (Medium).JPG