The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SuperPro Suspension Bushes

Samurai 20V

Hi chaps..

Looking for feedback on those running Superpro bushes on their Supras..

Paul Whiffin gives it the thumbs up, looking for other owners opinions, especially ride quality and longevity..

I know that OEM is deemed the best, but the cost factor is the issue.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

i have just fitted a full kit on mine with a geo today.... feels 10 times better then the car did before.... the bushes are a bugger to fit though

What coilovers do you have? How many hours +/- did it take? Got any advice tricks that you can share?

bc coilovers..hours wise god knows id estimate 7ish? i wasnt keeping track lol no advise but you need to be armed with tool and lots of them!!! inc proper size blow lamp, an air hammer/chisel, grinder with slitting disc and i would advise ALL new bolts which come to a fair few quid on top

Dunno, cant comment, never used them, but they are a Championship sponsor so I might be able to pass on a little bit of discount for you, if you are nice of course :p :D

Will keel that in mind..

i have just fitted a full kit on mine with a geo today.... feels 10 times better then the car did before.... the bushes are a bugger to fit though

bc coilovers..hours wise god knows id estimate 7ish? i wasnt keeping track lol no advise but you need to be armed with tool and lots of them!!! inc proper size blow lamp, an air hammer/chisel, grinder with slitting disc and i would advise ALL new bolts which come to a fair few quid on top

You mean in terms of ride quality? Some detail would be great!

One thing to take into consideration is the labour cost of fitting the bushes vs fitting new OEM arms.

You are right Nic, the shop I deal with in Japan is not going to be happy to be hacking bushes out of my car, it seems easier to go with the OEM option, just alot more expensive..

There's a full kit for sale brand new for £400 in the for sale section apparently ;)

Seen that Rob, excellent price..

You are right Nic, the shop I deal with in Japan is not going to be happy to be hacking bushes out of my car, it seems easier to go with the OEM option, just alot more expensive..

The other thing to consider is that the bush kits do not replace the ball joints on the ends of the arms.

There's a full kit for sale brand new for £400 in the for sale section apparently ;)

Seen that Rob, excellent price..

Not trying to punch holes in your sale thread Rob but as far as I know there are a couple of different kits for the Supra and they are age specific. I think the changeover was about the middle of 1996, Toyota changed the outer diameter/widths of some of the bushes used in the suspension arms.

Again, not trying to skuttle the sale Rob, just a heads up for Raj and any other interested parties

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

The other thing to consider is that the bush kits do not replace the ball joints on the ends of the arms.

Been searching on here Nic, seen some of the carnage to replace the bushes, and as you mention the ball joints are not replaced as well..

Do you have to have the Toyota SST to crack the balljoints?

Been searching on here Nic, seen some of the carnage to replace the bushes, and as you mention the ball joints are not replaced as well..

Do you have to have the Toyota SST to crack the balljoints?

its called a big hammer :D

The best money I ever spent on my car went into completely overhauling the suspension with brand new OEM parts, the difference it made was amazing.

Sod the expense get yourself here - http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/car_type/jza80_e.html

Not trying to punch holes in your sale thread Rob but as far as I know there are a couple of different kits for the Supra and they are age specific. I think the changeover was about the middle of 1996, Toyota changed the outer diameter/widths of some of the bushes used in the suspension arms.

Again, not trying to skuttle the sale Rob, just a heads up for Noz and any other interested parties

Ok I'll post up the party number for it :) thanks for the info dude :)