The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T Boys

RoyBoy7

Hi Guys

Was wondering what set ups you are running and what to avoid ?

Manifold , Turbo , ecu , injectors ?

If you have changed to TT pistons what size h/gasket ?

Greddy blue or ultimate ? Does the blue offer the same features as ultimate ? Can you run to boost setting and use a toggle switch to flip between them ?

Thanks for your time

Hi Roy,

For me a big no no was them cheep hks wastegate copy's off eBay and that come with the Xs- power kits as mine stuck open after around 8 weeks and after I cleaned it and freed it back up it then stuck closed and I was lucky it didn't damage my engine!

I bought a pw46 wastegate cost around £280-300 but it's been fantastic and id rather pay that then have to relplace my engine lol.

I don't know much about the greddy blue but I have the emanage ultimate and it's also been fantastic for my application works really well.

For boost settings Im running a AEM trU boost and I can alter the boost settings via that.

I havnt yet fitted TT pistons or a lower comp head gasket but it's coping fine at 7psi of boost .

Hope this helps ;)

friend of mine is running the Whifbitz kit on his and apart from going through 3 gearboxes (w58) the kit itself has run fine making 365bhp at .5bar of boost, he has now changed to V160 gearbox so with new pistons/thicker HG he'll be able to up the boost.

I'm planning on going NA-T myself over winter but i will be going for a Boostlogic 2mm HG to drop compression initially anyways and look at either TT or CP pistons down the road, i'm planning on running the Boostlogic exhaust manifold as iirc the angle which the turbo sits allows you to clear the dizzy cap easier and run 4" intake pipe.

This sounds like avery intresting thread to keep eye as iam going na-t just starting collecting the bits now have already got CP pistons and eagle rods, just need ACL full bearing set and ARP conrod bolts and head stud kit and will start looking at the head set up. the part iam unsure of at minute is what ECU and what clutch is best plus what injectors to fit but iam just attacking it one section at a time

Im running a unknown branded manifold with a unbranded T04b turbo. TT pistons dropped in to sort out compression properly. Cant remember what injectors we had to use in the end but think Im around 660's as 440's out of the MKIII Supra were still maxing out. Coil pack set up off of a Mondeo V6 as my dizzy setup couldnt be mapped past 6k revs. Im running 423bhp / 475 ft/lb torque, car has been thrashed since beggining of 2010 (competition drifting) and has never missed a beat ;)

Im running a unknown branded manifold with a unbranded T04b turbo. TT pistons dropped in to sort out compression properly. Cant remember what injectors we had to use in the end but think Im around 660's as 440's out of the MKIII Supra were still maxing out. Coil pack set up off of a Mondeo V6 as my dizzy setup couldnt be mapped past 6k revs. Im running 423bhp / 475 ft/lb torque, car has been thrashed since beggining of 2010 (competition drifting) and has never missed a beat ;)

interesting, what ecu are you running? SPR in the states have got over 700whp on the stock dizzy

Hi Guys

Was wondering what set ups you are running and what to avoid ?

Manifold , Turbo , ecu , injectors ?

If you have changed to TT pistons what size h/gasket ?

Greddy blue or ultimate ? Does the blue offer the same features as ultimate ? Can you run to boost setting and use a toggle switch to flip between them ?

Thanks for your time

If I was doing an NA-T conversion I'd start with a 2JZ-GE cast exhaust manifold eg. Treadstone and a Garrett GT30R or GTX30R turbo, then fabricate the downpipe and IC pipes to fit.

I'd keep the stock compression ratio, 550cc injectors and run moderate boost, fit a good quality standalone ECU - key to a fast, reliable conversion - and run individual coil packs.

In terms of off the shelf kits it'd be between the Whifbitz, Powerhouse Racing and Boostlogic, whichever is the best value for money.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

friend of mine is running the Whifbitz kit on his and apart from going through 3 gearboxes (w58) the kit itself has run fine making 365bhp at .5bar of boost, he has now changed to V160 gearbox so with new pistons/thicker HG he'll be able to up the boost.

You and that bloody W58 lol it haunts me I'm sure! Plenty of people have run 380-400bhp on the W58 without any issues dude, wrong to tell new NA-T owners their box won't be up to scratch when only a small handful of people have run into problems mate.

What gearbox do you have? Is it a w58?

I'd be surprising the 440's where maxing out, the stock 330's (which can rate to 380) have seen 400bhp without issues.

interesting, what ecu are you running? SPR in the states have got over 700whp on the stock dizzy

I would love to see the stock dizzy setup pushed to that, why you would even stick with a dizzy setup at that power level is beyond me, but then again I should really have some appreciation for pikey-spec, Im a big fan lol :D And Im running a HKS F-Con Gold....

ive got 500bhp on a dizzy using an emb piggyback so not sure what the problem was with that ?
Spark mate, it kept getting blown out at some point and then it just got relayed back to me that the dizzy just couldnt keep up.

i also want to stick with dizzy as i only want 500bhp max as want supra to be be good fast road car
Switch to coil packs, the throttle response/feel that I got with coils after the dizzy setup was yards apart and very noticable even by my tolerances :D crisp, clean throttle, compared to what felt like a slow, sluggish, delayed throttle on the old dizzy setup.

If I was doing an NA-T conversion I'd start with a 2JZ-GE cast exhaust manifold eg. Treadstone and a Garrett GT30R or GTX30R turbo, then fabricate the downpipe and IC pipes to fit.

I'd keep the stock compression ratio, 550cc injectors and run moderate boost, fit a good quality standalone ECU - key to a fast, reliable conversion - and run individual coil packs.

In terms of off the shelf kits it'd be between the Whifbitz, Powerhouse Racing and Boostlogic, whichever is the best value for money.

;)

What gearbox do you have? Is it a w58?

R154 with a OS Giken triple plate clutch, clutch and gearbox, all in for £700 squids :D

I'd be surprising the 440's where maxing out, the stock 330's (which can rate to 380) have seen 400bhp without issues.

Well I guess you are one surprised man then :D because trust me, I had 440's in when it was mapped on the stock dizzy, after the coil packs went on they had to fit either 550's or 660's (really cant remember now) as the fueling just wasnt there ;)

Just to add here, I also had spark blow out in mine. It wouldn't rev past 4k it was like hitting a rev limiter and hodge narrowed it down to the NA coil braking down under load. I rang Keron for a second hand one and boooooom fixed! :D But never happend when N/A but once a few psi was forced into the throttle it couldn't keep up.

Just to add here, I also had spark blow out in mine. It wouldn't rev past 4k it was like hitting a rev limiter and hodge narrowed it down to the NA coil braking down under load. I rang Keron for a second hand one and boooooom fixed! :D But never happend when N/A but once a few psi was forced into the throttle it couldn't keep up.

Thats what happened with me dude, we suspected the NA coil pack just wasnt strong enough, maybe a new coil would have solved the problem but we decided to switch to coil packs and not push the NA coil/dizzy setup.

As I said earlier, if anyone can switch to coil, do it, you will feel a massive difference with coil packs over the NA dizzy setup ;)

Thats what happened with me dude, we suspected the NA coil pack just wasnt strong enough, maybe a new coil would have solved the problem but we decided to switch to coil packs and not push the NA coil/dizzy setup.

As I said earlier, if anyone can switch to coil, do it, you will feel a massive difference with coil packs over the NA dizzy setup ;)

Yeah that's my next step I really want coil packs as I hate that dizzy and it would then allow me to run a 4" intake :D

• 1 month later...