The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bucket seat buying/fitting advice

charlton

I've never bought bucket seats before so I am a bit lost as to what is required, I've narrowed my choices down to either of the below with harnesses.

http://www.corbeau-seats.com/image/cache/data/product/main/130-500x500.jpg http://www.corbeau-seats.com/image/cache/data/product/main/3180-500x500.jpg

Do I need side mounts, sub frames, seat runners, all three or can they use the original Supra runners/brackets?

I will be removing the rear seats so the harnesses can be secured in the back, where is the best location for this? I know you cant secure them high but is it ok to secure them to a roll cage or boot brace?

Unfortunately I have gone through several sets of seats, I just can't make my mind up. Anyway, you will need supra specific runners for the seats, for the ones you have shown you need the corbeau side mount runner frames. Jamesy bought some recently, he will know where to get them. Seats are the biggest change to an interior I think, they make it or break it.

The harness bit I have not idea, I always kept the seat belts.

Good luck.

Unfortunately I have gone through several sets of seats, I just can't make my mind up. Anyway, you will need supra specific runners for the seats, for the ones you have shown you need the corbeau side mount runner frames. Jamesy bought some recently, he will know where to get them. Seats are the biggest change to an interior I think, they make it or break it.

The harness bit I have not idea, I always kept the seat belts.

Good luck.

Thank you, I will PM Jamesy. As you've been through a few, do you have any preference to fixed back or recliners? Just thinking the fixed back might be a pain getting in and out of for a daily driver

If you are getting fixed back i would get a quick release steering wheel hub, it makes getting in and out easier imo. I prefer the flexibility of recliners, mind you i have one fixed back for drivers and a recliner for passenger seat so my daughter can get in the back.

I have Recaro Pole Position fixed buckets in mine, ex Paul Whiffins car.

With my larger frame they are great and comfortable on long journeys.

The only way to know is to get somewhere with lots of stock and try them.

Agree with the comments about a quick release boss. Makes it much easier!