The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging interest on BBS LMs

Monkpower

Hello people I am at a stage where i'm considering changing my wheels.

I currently have genuine BBS LM alloys -

Front - 8J x 18 ET35 (235/40/18)

Rear - 9J x 18 ET 40 (245/40/18)

They were on the car when I bought it, there is kerbing and they could do with a bit of a refurb.

I'm after some wheels with a more aggressive offset and have my eye on a set.

I was just wondering what kind of money I would get for my wheels.

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

You can make the offset more aggressive on these without spacers ;)

Remove the spoke face from the rims, and re mount it on the rear. Improves the looks of the wheels and gains you a more aggressive offset for free :)

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/993-forum/629628-bbs-lm-reverse-mounting-the-centers.html

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Remove the spoke face from the rims, and re mount it on the rear. Improves the looks of the wheels and gains you a more aggressive offset for free :)

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/993-forum/629628-bbs-lm-reverse-mounting-the-centers.html

Surely this effects the clearance on the brakes...the fronts are et35 to start with and will be very close on UK spec brakes!?:confused:

If that works ok, that may be an option if they look ok on a Supra.

The front of the wheels where the bolts go is slightly curved, so I'm not sure it'd fit safely.

Clay I was looking at the rims that Chris had fitted to the supra he just sold, they look mean!! They won't break the bank either.

Two important factors - money and safety. I don't think getting a wider outer rim will be easy to find or indeed a viable option. I'm really curious to try the spoke face swapping reversing idea, but only if its a safe option with the correct torque settings, i've heard that once removed the little nuts shouldn't be reused.