The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello, possibly coming over from Evo ownership

Guest burnsey_100

Guest burnsey_100

Hi

I have always admired the supra and come to a decision of one or a skyline gtr.

I have been in the Evo game for 3.5 years so I fancy a change. I will be surfing the site to gain information about them.

Once I'm settled in and hoping to get a warm welcome :D I will put my Evo 8 up for a possible swap for a lovely supra.

I would be looking for manual only and looking to modify in future so not bothered if it's already done ;)

To swap will be my Evo 8 in yellow with carbon bits, 2004, 400bhp 39k miles

Please note I'm not just on here to advertise my car to sell, I genuinely would like a swap with some supra owner if they fancied a change also

Thanks

Lewis

Edited by burnsey_100 (see edit history)

Guest burnsey_100
Good move, ive had a few evo's over the years, 4RS, 7GSR and a 9GT but nothing comes close to a good Supra.

Come from a precious Evo owner, it sounds quite promising. When you say a good supra, what does it need to be to be equal or better than the Evo?

Thanks

Guest burnsey_100
Welcome to the club and like Lbm said there is a wealth of help and information on here..... Sadly Lbm and myself cannot offer much though in that department :D

Welcome to the club Lewis :)

Stick around. There's loads of knowlegable people on here.

Welcome :)

Thanks you :)

Come from a precious Evo owner, it sounds quite promising. When you say a good supra, what does it need to be to be equal or better than the Evo?

Thanks

Manual, clean and 400+bhp is a nice start in supra ownership, budget 10 grand minimum for a car with decent miles, I like single turbo power myself, Just be careful what you buy if going with a modded car, lots of cars out there that wont be setup well.

Manual, clean and 400+bhp is a nice start in supra ownership, budget 10 grand minimum for a car with decent miles, I like single turbo power myself, Just be careful what you buy if going with a modded car, lots of cars out there that wont be setup well.

the man knows his shizzz ^ always wanted an evo but when i drove a big bhp supra...i never thought that again lol

Welcome to the club. :)

Drive will be quite different to the Evo, with this car being RWD & being heavier too. Though the power delivery & the ability with what you can do with these cars is the most amazing part. I'd highly recommend you attend a local meet to where you are & I am sure a member can take you out for a spin.

if you like to DRIVE a car then a supra is for you, traction control pppprfffft it dont work well, and a supra will always be so much fun to keep in check on the roads, but on track i have found they handle very well, to sum up

400+bhp with rear wheel drive and poor traction control = :D

Guest burnsey_100

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I think I will have to check out a meet and ask nicely for a passenger ride ;)

I kinda got the hint the auto box isn't that good then? So stick with the manual?

Here are some pics as requested