The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are VVTI supra's as rare as there parts?

skyline1

Had to ask as i know im having trouble finding a couple of parts and i know another member is too, parts that would be a doddle to find if it wasnt VVTI...and also cheaper. so any idea how many VVTI'S were made and how come parts are so hard to find.

Ive even seen some aftermarket parts that arnt compatable with vvti models ....feel hard done by :(

is there anyone that caters for us , best places to look, general opinion welcome please.

speak up fellow owners.:search:

Had to ask as i know im having trouble finding a couple of parts and i know another member is too, parts that would be a doddle to find if it wasnt VVTI...and also cheaper. so any idea how many VVTI'S were made and how come parts are so hard to find.

Ive even seen some aftermarket parts that arnt compatable with vvti models ....feel hard done by :(

is there anyone that caters for us , best places to look, general opinion welcome please.

speak up fellow owners.:search:

i agree bigtime

maf sensor to get for me was a joke 30 odd phone calls 30 odd emails in the end a member of here had one by pure chance sorry to tell a lie i could of got one from usa for 300 odd pound from ebay froma guy with no feedback rating

now trying to get a vvti induction kit and maf hosuing omg what a joke

ordering my blitz one later 350 pound woop woop

id like to no how many vvti was made as well and wheres the best place to get parts

other then toyota

Edited by wewsupra (see edit history)

I am one call away from all the parts I need for VVTi ;)

If yo share your contacts with us I'll gladly send you a bag of skittles.

Just see odd bits that id like but arnt comparable with the vvti engine and as for parts I may need down the line would they be a struggle to find too.

HKS do a VVTI intake cam and a VCON controller, think Brian Crower does too but not sure. JohnnyG on here has an aftermarket intake cam fitted anyway. Could you do away with the VVTI, probably, why would you want to, should just have bought non VVTI in the first place.

I suspect the problem isnt availabillity but people wanting something for nothing ;)

silly Question maybe but is it not possible to do away with the VVTI?

Yes. Why would you want to?

HKS do a VVTI intake cam and a VCON controller, think Brian Crower does too but not sure. JohnnyG on here has an aftermarket intake cam fitted anyway. Could you do away with the VVTI, probably, why would you want to, should just have bought non VVTI in the first place.

I suspect the problem isnt availabillity but people wanting something for nothing ;)

BC do a VVTi cam for the IS300 VVTi which fits all 2JZs. Titan are also bringing out (slowly) a replacement VVTi cam.

And I agree completely Craig. Or as I say, the usual problem.

If yo share your contacts with us I'll gladly send you a bag of skittles.

I would gladly do, but as you can see I am not in UK... although prices are good enough even with the shipping I guess... I have to check...

Just for comparison, water pump or oil pump are something like 50 pounds.