The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Started fitting FFIM for NA-T some advice needed :)

FOSTA

Ok so I thought id start taking the NA inlet manifold off today and making sure the new FFIM fits the stud pattern.

Good news the new FFIM lines up perfect :)

But a few things I'm not too sure about,

1. under the NA manifold there is black vaccum box witch has around 5 lines comming from it. One of the lines runs to throttle body and 3 run to inlet and 1 runs to the fuel pressure thing on the fuel rail. It also has 2 plugs that come fron the wiring harness.

Question is: is it best to keep this or can I do without it?

2. There is a bar thats bolted to the bottom of the engine then bolts up against power steering pump and Once I fit the new mkiii TT idle control valve it will hit the bar making it not fit :/

So can I just take that bar off or will I need to make a custom bracket up of some sort?

3. The wiring loom that runs over the runners and looks pig ugly! How would I go about making this look better or hiding it? Can it be routed under the runners instead of over them?

4. There is a sensor of some sort on the old inlet at the back/ top of manifold witch only a vacuume hose runs to it, will I need to fit this on the new manifold or not?

Cheers ;)

Hide that ugly engine loom under the runners ftw

powder coat or polish them cam covers too dude :cool:

chrome everything!

I have a set of TT cam covers off tkddave3 witch I've had -an fittings welded on and I've started to polish and ai got a TT spark cover off a member off here witch I've had painted white :)

The engine bay looks dam ugly for Now as it needs a good old clean up witch I'm working on , just need to work out a few things with this FFIM ;)

Im going to add to the no-help posts and ask if you think your need to use your TT pas res as it seems to clear the NA one? (ive got one Im not trying to pinch just asking :))

It has loads of clearance but because I'm using my oem throttle body the brackets for the throttle cables catch, if only it was about 5mm more clearance then I wouldn't.

I would think with an aftermarket throttle body then it would fit with out moving it. :)

Question 1, no idea sorry,

Question 2, It needs to stay in place as it braces the pump and stops the aux tensioner tearing the pump from the block and cracking the block.

Question 3, the loom can go under the runners but you may need to extend the injectors and sensor wires.

Question 4, that's not a sensor it's a 1 way check valve. Shouldn't be a big deal if you remove it.

1. Without the ACIS valve that vacuum contraption serves no purpose and the system will happily live without it.

1a. You must connect the FPR to a vacuum take off.

4. It's a pulse damper that allows the MAP sensor to make steadier readings.

hodge got the others.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

That's the answers I was after!

So it's best to get a new icv plate made up and welded on to avoid the bar for the power steering pump,

And fit that valve on the new inlet fit map sensor.

What's the ACIS David? And would I just fit a vacume line directly to the FPR stright to the inlet for vacume?

Or would it just be best to fit the whole vacume contraption back in?

Cheers lads BIG help :D

1. I suggest you use a T.T. ICV and the mounting saddle it lives on, I used one for my supercharger build and welded the saddle onto the induction, there are plenty of pics of it in the Supracharger thread.

2. I would leave it in-line before MAP sensor, but you haven't stated what MAP sensor you will be using, your engine tuner will have the last word.

3. Acoustically Controlled Induction System operates a valve in the N/A plenum which you no longer have.

4. Vac line direct from inlet to FPR.

5. Make the contraption into a lampshade or something. :think:

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Lol ah I understand now David with the ACIS.

I'm using a mkiii TT icv I got off barnybrendan so just need to get a new plate welded on ;)

So correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm going to get a new icv plate made and fitted for the mkiii icv in a place on the underside of the plenum that has clearance of the engine support bar, I'm then going to drill and tap a fitting in the underside of the throttle body before the butterfly for a hose to join from the fitting to the icv.

Then take all plastics off wiring loom and pull back wires for icv and throttle position sensor so they reach the plenum and new throttle body position then re-route loom under runners and wrap in loom tape.

Then fit brake booster and map senso, run vacuum lines direct from plenum to map, bov, fpr, boost gauge, and one to the throttle body for that valve thats fixed to the throttle stop pins (I havnt a clue what that's for but it had a line running to it with some sort of inline filter).

Fit new injector O-rings and fit fuel rail and fuel lines and wiring loom .

Then bobs ya uncle! :D

Big thanks Dave really cleared alot up for me there :thumbs:

Is that the pnt intake? I'm actually at the same stage as you believe it or not! Instead of having my vacuum lines running into the top of the intake I'm only using the big hole which then goes into a vacuum distributor block under the intake for a cleaner look.