The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu auto vs bpu manual, whats the quickest

supraGZaerotop

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a manual is quicker,but you would have to get perfict pull aways and gear changes every time, the auto box does all that for you so your pull aways and changes will always be perfict just have to account for the box loss,

which imi said so well you have to be good to beat a auto

Ive owned a bpu tt6 and own currently a bpu auto and to be honest they both perform really well. Couldnt tell which one would be faster though as i find them the same to be honest. If one was faster than the other i doubt there would be a significant difference.

yes i do think this also, just got talking to a fella in work today about a tt6 bpu vs my auto bpu, i just wondered what would generally be the quicker car, i understand the bhp is the same but i suppose its down to how fast the car can put the power down and day to day performance the auto should be quicker. most modern performance cars today they are mostly auto.

Ive owned a bpu tt6 and own currently a bpu auto and to be honest they both perform really well. Couldnt tell which one would be faster though as i find them the same to be honest. If one was faster than the other i doubt there would be a significant difference.

All the fastest BPU drag times are (were?) Autos.

IMO Auto is perfectly suited to BPU, the effect of the second turbo coming on seems much more dramatic in auto cars.

+1 I love it when they double kick down it sounds brilliant !!

All the fastest BPU drag times are (were?) Autos.

IMO Auto is perfectly suited to BPU, the effect of the second turbo coming on seems much more dramatic in auto cars.

:yeahthat:

Quickest will be the auto's, the kick down on them is such a great feeling!

That's a great way to kill a thread, well done TubbyTwo. I don't mind jokes about anything to be honest but the same joke in threads over and over again gets repetitive no matter what the subject is. Think we have a few threads dedicated to this, please try and remain in these.