The mkiv Supra Owners Club

July 22nd 2012 - Northumberland/Cumbria Day Out

qwarrior

OK Guys,

Thought I'd try and start getting numbers for this. The proposed run out is meet at the Big Lamp brewery in Newburn at about 10am-11am. Then up on to the A69 to Haydon Bridge, then the A686 across to Penrith. I'll post on the the North West forum and see if any of the guy's over there want to meet up for late Lunch. Suggestion are welcome for the route and stopping points. I'll try and finalise a rout when I get back from Italy unless somebody else wants to do it while I'm away (Steveo?).

From the North East:

1) qwarrior

2) Jonny (As long as the car is back)

3) safcdixon

4) Colin-mkiv (dunno wht in yet though, cos sold the red fella )

5)

From the North West (Suggestions for meeting point are welcome)

----> For Penrith area there is the Stoney Beck Inn with an easy accessible car park

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...06287&t=h&z=18

----> On the A686 at the Hartside Cafe car park

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...06287&t=h&z=18

1) AJI

2)

3)

4)

Hopefully we'll get a decent turn out.

Edited by qwarrior (see edit history)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Guys,

Thought I'd try and start getting numbers for this. The proposed run out is meet at the Big Lamp brewery in Newburn at about 10am-11am. Then up on to the A69 to Haydon Bridge, then the A686 across to Penrith. I'll post on the the North West forum and see if any of the guy's over there want to meet up for late Lunch. Suggestion are welcome for the route and stopping points. I'll try and finalise a rout when I get back from Italy unless somebody else wants to do it while I'm away (Steveo?).

From the North East:

1) qwarrior

3)

4)

5)

1)

2)

3)

4)

Hopefully we'll get a decent turn out.

From the North East:

as for suggestion we could basically stay on the a686 all the way to penrith thats an awesome peice of road, maybe go along the a66 on the way back through appleby or barney castle get some good pictures there, aswell as up at the hartside, alston and penrith etc.

1) qwarrior

3)safcdixon

4)

5)

1)

2)

3)

4)

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

I'll probably come along and meet with you guys. :)

Pencil me in for now and I can confirm closer to the date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

From the North West

1) AJI

2)

3)

4)

(Suggestions for meeting point are welcome)

----> For Penrith area there is the Stoney Beck Inn with an easy accessible car park

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=54.698787,-2.769665&spn=0.001916,0.006287&t=h&z=18

----> I'll probably meet you up on the A686 at the Hartside Cafe car park

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=54.770027,-2.550609&spn=0.001912,0.006287&t=h&z=18

Cheers.

Edited by AJI (see edit history)

From the North East:

as for suggestion we could basically stay on the a686 all the way to penrith thats an awesome peice of road, maybe go along the a66 on the way back through appleby or barney castle get some good pictures there, aswell as up at the hartside, alston and penrith etc.

1) qwarrior

3)safcdixon

4)Colin-mkiv (dunno wht in yet though, cos sold the red fella :) )

5)

From the North East:

1) qwarrior

3)safcdixon

4)Colin-mkiv (dunno wht in yet though, cos sold the red fella :) )

5)

You didn't sell it to guy named Mario did you? A mate of a mate has just bought a red N/a with black wheels, might be yours.

TT ftmfw Colin

:yeahthat:

• 2 weeks later...
Mate, just got back from Italy a married man. I'm defo up for this, and will probably do a run out regardless of else turns up.

Hope you had a good time in italy mate, its good too hear that your still set on the idea hopefully a few more will be along too, doest seem like the north west are interested only the 1 guy from the north west.

Thought I would bump this, anyone else interested in a drive out be it from either east or west?

Was speaking to a few lads at the pod and they where having problems with meets in their areas as well. Think there's 3 defo for this at the mo.

Me, you and Jonny so far. Come on lads, get yer fingers out, should be a fun day out. :(

Was speaking to a few lads at the pod and they where having problems with meets in their areas as well. Think there's 3 defo for this at the mo.

Me, you and Jonny so far. Come on lads, get yer fingers out, should be a fun day out. :(

The sad thing is that there seems too be more supras up here then ever before! If it ends up being just the three of us then so be it im still up for the run out