The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brake discs....drilled and grooved

Guest Saha

Guest Saha

I was just looking for some UK spec discs and came across these. i Thought they were reasonably priced compared to stock.

Curious to see whether anyone has used these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-Drilled-Grooved-Brake-Discs-FRONT-NEW-/290330834628?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439910f6c4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPRA-JZA80-GROOVED-BRAKE-DISCS-FRONT-REAR-PADS-/300576557889?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ASupra&hash=item45fbc24b41

Also, are there benefits over drilled, grooved or both over plain. (on normal roads - not track) - apart from looking better

Drilled discs tend to crack under punishment you are better off going for dimpled rather than drilled. I would stick with stock to be honest for road use as they are better quality than the ebay ones and braking isn't something I would skimp on.

Stock discs and stock pads are more than up to the job for rd use, they arent that expensive and

are available direct from your local Toyota dealer :)

UK spec discs and pads all round with discount inc vat are approx £320

Stock discs and stock pads are more than up to the job for rd use, they arent that expensive and

are available direct from your local Toyota dealer :)

UK spec discs and pads all round with discount inc vat are approx £320

:yeahthat:

3G do UK grooved and dimpled discs, they look good, but they are a bit more than stock, having had both, I have gone back to stock with Chris Wilson pads, they do stop you better, plus if you have grooved and dimpled/drilled you will create lots more brake dust and your pads do wear quicker

3G do UK grooved and dimpled discs, they look good, but they are a bit more than stock, having had both, I have gone back to stock with Chris Wilson pads, they do stop you better, plus if you have grooved and dimpled/drilled you will create lots more brake dust and your pads do wear quicker

I've had stock plain discs, 3G and Black diamond drilled and grooved. My experiences are the stock were fine for the road, had no problems and they were resonably priced. Although they were fine on the road I managed to warp 2 of the 3G discs on the front off side while at the track, resulting in major wheel unbalancing and poor braking. I've had the black diamond discs on now for about 6 months and they are significantly better, even with track pads (EBC yellow stuff).

Bob is correct though, you'll get much more brake dust and pad wear with grooved discs depending on your selection of pads. Plus it's also worth mentioning that braking performance is slightly (not really noticable on the road) reduced in favour of better cooling. :D