The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Revs dropping to 3-400?

Bagci

Not sure if this is because the car hasn't been driven in a few weeks but as soon as I start it the revs drop right down and just before it cuts out, they level off around 350rpm? The car used to start and idle at 1400 and drop back to 850 when it was warmed up! Any advice? Thanks!

I took a Pic too

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p640/bagci01/?action=view&current=photo-2.png

Abit blurry :/

My Auto does the same thing mate i cleaned out the icv and its still doing it. Not sure what it is at all. A few times ive pulled up to traffic lights and its stalled. I'm thinking maybe 02 sensor or some sort of air leak somewhere i really dont know.

If it was coil pack or plugs would it not cuase issues at wot? Mine has the same issue and once up to temprature it still does it. At wot it pulls like a train it drives faultless its just the idle thats low. I'm assuming its the same issue as the op.

Did the battery go flat or was it disconnected whilst it was parked up?

Yeah mate, disconnected it quite a few times as I didn't have a garage to put it in at the time! You think this could be the cause of it? Ran it flat a few times too when working on the car :/

Yeah mate, disconnected it quite a few times as I didn't have a garage to put it in at the time! You think this could be the cause of it? Ran it flat a few times too when working on the car :/

The car learns where to set its idle after a disconnect, If you drove it right away it probably got confused where to set it.

Someone will be along to tell you how to set it right, no big deal. I did this on my 5 speed.

The car learns where to set its idle after a disconnect, If you drove it right away it probably got confused where to set it.

Someone will be along to tell you how to set it right, no big deal. I did this on my 5 speed.

I'd be interested in that aswell.

If the battery has been disconnected the ECU will have been reset, this will be causing the idle problem, it'll need a drive out for a couple of miles for the ECU to relearn the settings, it should then idle properly.

If it was coil pack or plugs would it not cuase issues at wot? Mine has the same issue and once up to temprature it still does it. At wot it pulls like a train it drives faultless its just the idle thats low. I'm assuming its the same issue as the op.

No idea dude, I'm just saying what I would check first, issues like this a simple fixes most of the time,