The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Update on my supra(one week of owning it)

thedirtycat

So as some of you know I got my supra tt6 a week ago now. I'm very happy with it and just want to drive it all the time.

Weather has been pretty bad the last couple of days and got to feel how it handles on wet roads.

The back end started to come out last night but automatically was turning into it as soon as it happened. Was a bit surprised because I was only accelerating gently in 3rd gear. Took it out again today and the weather was just horrible so just drove the whole journey at about 40mph just to be safe.

Its an interesting car because it just feels and sounds like its a racing car but at the same time feels like a road car in the way I can cruise along in 6th gear and it just feels pretty much like a normal road car but I still have all that power if I want to use it.

It still seems a bit strange because I've wanted a supra since I was about 17 or 18 years old and I'm 25 years old now and finally have one. I can't wait to do some track days because I know I'm never going to use its full potential on the roads as I like to keep to the speed limits and drive safely.

Very happy with the car and I love being able to accelerate at about 1/4 throttle in town and keep up with taxi's and other cars that are trying to race me up to 30 haha.

Again want to say a big thanks to Jurgen and his team for getting me such a great car. I have to say after waiting all these years to get a supra I'm not dissapointed at all. I just cant wait to see what it really is capable of on a track :)

glad to hear your enjoying your supra so much, i have had mine a year now and still love driving her as much as did when first got her :)

Thats good to hear. I loved my golf TDI i had before but I've always wanted a supra.

Its made a lot of people smile and laugh so far. The other day I accelerated a little bit in town and my girlfriend said she liked the feeling. So I accelerated a little bit harder in second gear and she screamed haha.

I was a bit nervous in mine at first.

If you want some reassurance you could always invest in a traction control system from Racelogic.

I have one fitted to mine now.

I always thought about that before getting a supra. In the dry I wouldn't need it obviously but you think its worth it for the wet then ?

In the dry good tyres mean I'm never losing traction at all really. I got a bit of wheel spin in first when I was already doing about 10mph but apart from that it seems fine. I think if its wet I'm just going to avoid driving or just take it easy and wait for a nice dry day.

I always thought about that before getting a supra. In the dry I wouldn't need it obviously but you think its worth it for the wet then ?

In the dry good tyres mean I'm never losing traction at all really. I got a bit of wheel spin in first when I was already doing about 10mph but apart from that it seems fine. I think if its wet I'm just going to avoid driving or just take it easy and wait for a nice dry day.

Get your geometry checked regularly and make sure you use good wet weather tyres and you'll be fine. I always used Toyo T1Rs on my TT and they're great in the wet.

Get your geometry checked regularly and make sure you use good wet weather tyres and you'll be fine. I always used Toyo T1Rs on my TT and they're great in the wet.

I think my traction in the wet is actually ok. I put my foot down a bit in second gear and no problems. I think the back end came out in 3rd gear because I the road had a lot more water on.

Today was just terrible. Lots of rain and a lot of water on the roads. Even then I only noticed a slight loss of traction when the second turbo kicked in. Although I was going straight but it did feel like it wasn't pulling as hard.