The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alarms

RobD

My new supra hasn't got any alarm at present, and one of the door locks isn't the best to operate, I need to get an alarm, just wondered what's a best one to go for, not wanting to pay a lot and not overly fussed about it paging me if the car got broken into, I just want an alarm that'll let me use remote central locking and will go off when someone breaks in!

I also don't want to pay thousands! :D

Any ideas?

Thanks

I paid about £500 for my Clifford alarm, it is pretty trick though, engine starter, 2 way remote (not pager), you can remotely turn the lights on, open the boot etc. If you want a proper basic alarm for decent money I'd look at the Toad units, they are pretty good.

I paid about £500 for my Clifford alarm, it is pretty trick though, engine starter, 2 way remote (not pager), you can remotely turn the lights on, open the boot etc. If you want a proper basic alarm for decent money I'd look at the Toad units, they are pretty good.

Way to high tech for me dude, me and those sort of alarms don't get on :D

Basic cobra alarm mate cost around £150 fitted :)

That's the sort of thing I'm after, is that from cobra themselves or would I have to phone a local cobra dealer/fitter?

Basic cobra alarm mate cost around £150 fitted :)

Yep, that's the way to go - Cat1 as well, it's what I did with mine - auto imobiliser, remote door locking, all you need.

You should be able to find an authorised installer locally through their website.