The mkiv Supra Owners Club

noob.........

dracula

Eveneing all,

thought i'd finally pop my supra.net cherry after about a year hanging around on the sidelines..... up til about a week ago i've always been a soarer guy (got a v8 and a 3.0) and to be honest only joined cos of the 3.0 expertise in the club, but guess what? on my way to work last week what should i spy but a black supra needing a few cosmetics for pretty keen money. its 'only' a 3.0 auto but it's the similar mechanics to the soarer that gave me the confidence to take the plunge. Can't really comment on the comparison so far as i've just peddled it back and shoved it straight in the garage to sort out the paint probs.

i'm sure i'll need some advice somewhere along the line but not just yet. Long may it continue!!

cheers,

D

Welcome to the club. :thumbs:

You're the second Soarer V8 new member today. :)

Next time you need to get out and get under, it would be useful information if you could measure and post up a pic of the prop-shaft in linked thread.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270287-A340-A343-Hybrid&p=3409705&viewfull=1#post3409705

Thank you.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Cheers for the welcomes, i'm in paignton / brixham Dodgy. Not exactly David Bailey with the pics but here's one of each......

V8.jpg

3.0.jpg

supra.jpg

The white one's the V8 which doesn't come out much other than to get cleaned and exercised, the black one's the 3.0 which works for a living and i'm sure you all know the last one which was taken when i saw it languishing on the side of the road on the way to Newton Abbot. The supra doesn't look too bad in the pic but the rear spoiler's pretty tatty and the lacquer is peeling quite badly on the roof and is pock-marked in a few localised areas around the body. Actually started on the spoiler today - it's salvageable rather than a must-replace unless i make a total b0ll0cks of it and end up buying one off of the classifieds lol.

Cheers,

D

Loving the White V8 Soarer, I have really devoloped a soft spot for them when lowered to the floor, they can look really stylish with the right kit

Use http://photobucket.com/ to add photos to forum means you don't have to mess around resizing

My Supe has pretty much lived down your way for the last year or so while going Widearch etc

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)