The mkiv Supra Owners Club

auto tt mines ecu

barneybrendan

i have just taken my ecu cover off to fit my hks fcd and noticed my ecu has a brass plaque stating its a mines ecu and has seals on the side of it.I have searched a bit and only found rescent references to na's fitting mines ecu's.What gains if any does this ecu give you.

Just want to check that i can disconect the ecu to fit my fcd without causing it to have some sort of brain scramble and not work when reconnected.

thats the same plaque i have plus the seals onthe side .so fingers crossed i dont need my fcd.I have fitted the decats ,restrictor ring,walbro fuel pump,spark plugs.so i should be able to take the car out for a bit of fun then.I know the car isnt restricted and havnt seen anything wired in behind the dash anywhere.

Speed limiter is gone and it normally has upgraded fueling/timing map and from what I remember it definitely works as a fcd as I was having this discussion with Scott M and he and I both agreed that it seems a nice cheaper way to go about it for TT owners wanting to go BPU.

was a good find explains why the car was fairly quick for standard.Ive fitted bpu stuff now and im throwing error code 14.car wont rev past 2000.Its intermitten aswell.it did it once then went away when i stoped the engine.Gave it some welly up the motorway and it started again.i have to say when it ran good it went like hell.You can smell that its overfueling ,so im thining maybe plugs are crap or something to do with the coil packs now they have been disturbed.

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

I thought that some of these modded ecus are set to run at oem spec, ie no bpu as they are tuned for the stock boost and can play havoc if you try to do something different. I may have just dreamt it though :)

My Mines came with a 1.2bar MAP

Barney, when I went BPU my car ran like a dog and wouldnt rev at all well under any sort of load and felt like a car with a set of dog HT leads if you know what I mean. It was the coil pack connectors.

thats exactly what its doing Shane.if i try to rev it it wont have none of it.Going to go check it now.