The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well Its Gone Again...

a98pmalcolm

Can't believe it!! Just as my week was improving!

Yet again my clutch has gone and it lasted for a few months!! All was fine with it, but I was in 2nd gear put my foot down and it went, couldn't get it into gear..

So that 2 now I'm having to send off to competition clutch! I have a new master and slave cylinder with a competition clutch flywheel so I can't see how there is any issue with anything anywhere else! I'm not happy to say there least..

So its time to go for there best! I'm only BPU at 455bhp but I'm investing in a RPS triple carbon plate clutch. I know its going to be a killer in price and I'm having to source the money by a 3rd party but at least its done then and I wont have anymore problems!

It was a 6 puck stage 4 clutch ratted up to 700bhp. 1st one did under 4k miles and the 2nd has done under 1.5k same clutch. I don't abuse my car and put my foot down here and there as its my daily runner.

I HATE slagging off companies but I feel I have a right in this case with competition Clutch.

The company that fitted and supplied the clutch I have no issue with. There workmanship has always been flawless with mine and many of the club owners cars and have always been very very helpful. So want to make that very clear to the people that know were I had it fitted..

Thats my rant done and I can't believe how calm I actually am about it.

If Competition Clutch try and say they won't credit me back on there product, do you think it would be wise to take things further.. Whats your opinion guys? We are talking about approx £1200 of clutch altogether + there flywheel as that's damaged due to the clutch going wrong

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

I'd go for the RPS StreetMax clutch mate with the sprung hub, about £600 and rated upto 600lb/ft torque. The triple carbon would be lovely but is overkill unless you're planning a big single soon! For the price of the Street clutch, you can't go wrong