The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hopefully joining soon :)...

SupraHarry

Evening Supra folks!

Looking to join the club soon and purchase my very own TT once I find the correct beauty. looking for a TT6 but automatic may prevale if the cost is correct :).

Im from scotland near Hamilton and dont see much around? 1 or 2.

Has anyone heard of RA Motors?

I was hoping to go view a Supra they have soon but after a little research im not so sure.

They are advertising this: - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Toyota-Supra-3-0-TWIN-TURBO-UK-CAR-AUTO-STANDARD-ORIGINAL-EXAMPLE-/280891575727?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4166714daf

How ever after seeing this: - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270745-White-UK-TT-Supra

They look like the same car? altho RA are advertising the milage at 30k lower than the original members thread? Also added it had new breaks added but im not so sure.

If anyone could help that would be great.

To Be Continued :D ...

Harry

Hi and welcome - from Bathgate here.

My old car may be for sale shortly (road car facelift '97 TT auto non-VVTi at BPU+ level with a drag focus spec wise, holds the 1/4m records for the class) - PM DekJZA80 if interested, he told me recently he was likely selling as heading off travelling.

Cheers,

Brian.

Hard to see how its the same car, ones forsale privately in Worcester and the others in Yorkshire

at a dealers.

One is also fully valeted and looks very clean and the other isn't, there are also

a few stickers that are differant in the engine bay on the rad shroud, battery and airbox.

The space save wheels also look differant, one is very clean and the other has some

rust on it, the stereo's are also differant and one has the original set up.

Drivers seats also look differant

Obviously check all paperwork is correct etc and do hpi checks on anything you

fancy buying

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Welcome, it is a good time to buy a supra, but then again its always a good time to buy a supra. As others have said I'd always buy a members car, this gives you a good idea that it has been looked after(not always :) ) and there will always be a record of what has been done to it or any problems right here on these pages.

Good luck with the search.

Rob

Steer clear of RA motors. I went to look at a car that was described as "mint" and it was quite the opposite. The rest of their stock at the time was the usual high mileage tatty examples.

Save yourself the trouble and get from a member or a trader on here.

Thanks guys. Will keep an eye open in the Classifieds section and also Scotland events. The cars look very similar and was just checking :). Good spot on the engine bay stickers, I matched the stickers in the spare wheel pic but to say valeted VS unvaleted lol??.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Harry

Finally getting acceptable Insurance quotes so looking good for a swap over now. Just need to find the right car for me and start the dream!.

Insurance quote by Elephant @ £1305 - 21 Years Old, 3 Year NCB. Possibly will try a few more Classic / Cherished car insurance quotes but dont think that will be beaten.

EDIT: Seem to be finding it cheaper to insure a TT6 than a TT Auto? Thought it would be opposite.

Time to surf the classifieds for the next few weeks / months.

Harry

Edited by SupraHarry (see edit history)