The mkiv Supra Owners Club

80mm aftermarket throttle body

FOSTA

I've done a search but I can't seem to find a 80mm aftermarket throttle body that has the fixings for 2 cables ( 1 for throttle cable and 1 for cruise control or Autobox pressure cable).

Does anyone know if one is available?

Cheers ;)

If 72mm will do, the Lexus 1UZ-FE throttle body has throttle, cruise and a reversed ramp for A340E line pressure control and plug&play TPS.

Booooom! That will do! Can you post a picture up or pm me one so I know what I'm looking at mate :)

Cheers ;)

There's a pic of one in link next to an N/A T.B.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?233707-Project-Supracharger&p=2997115&viewfull=1#post2997115

I have used one on my supercharger conversion, it has every function you could need except I.C.V. yet the T.T. I.C.V. on it's saddle can be fitted anywhere in the induction after the T.B. and is plug&play into N/A or T.T. loom.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

There's a pic of one in link next to an N/A T.B.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?233707-Project-Supracharger&p=2997115&viewfull=1#post2997115

I have used one on my supercharger conversion, it has every function you could need except I.C.V. yet the T.T. I.C.V. on it's saddle can be fitted anywhere in the induction after the T.B. and is plug&play into N/A or T.T. loom.

Cheers mate.

I have a mkiii icv so that's sorted just my NA throttle body cable fitting are facing the wrong way as I need them to be reversed for my new front facing inlet ;)

I don't sopose you have yours for sale do you? Unless yous using it of corse lol

I bought it because I needed it. :think:

Lexus 400 Breaker, Morris 07957530340.

You will need a 100mm longer line-pressure control cable to reach a FFIM.

Soarer 1JZA80-GTE cable should reach, or Speedograph Ritchfield at Nottingham will make you one using the fittings off an N/A cable for £35?

The Lexus throttle and cruise cables/ramps face the same way as your N/A T.B. with the line pressure cable/ramp reversed.

Maybe you could mix&match Soarer 1JZA80-GTE ramps onto the Lexus 1UZ-FE T.B?

Or just get S.R. to make you some longer cables.

Ah so this throttle body is no good to me then! Lol

I have a longer throttle cable from a Celica and I was just going to make a braket and extend the line pressure cable myself.

All I need is a throttle body that has the 2 ramps and face towards the bulkhead.

Unless I can make it work with my oem body but I think for that the cables will need to be stupidly Long lol

It only takes an hour to remove the sump and change the line pressure cable.

Please note that the line pressure cable ramp works opposite to a cruise cable.

If it's simplicity you want, use a Soarer 1JZA80-GTE T.B. because it has all the ramps and cables facing the bulkhead as you require.

If it's 72mm you want, then stupidly long cables are your best bet.