The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Project That's Not a Project :D

RobUK

So as some of you know a week before dragonball my engine sounded like a bag of marbles, and we ended up going in the CRV.

So come Saturday I am going to pull the engine and see what the damage is.

Whilst the car is in bits I am going to do the following:

Replace brake lines

Replace fuel line

Replace jspec brakes with UK Spec

Do a Minor Engine Bay Tidy (not hodge style lol)

Replace all engine gaskets

Replace Buckets & Shims (had a noisy one)

Retouch dash panels with original style flocking.

Fit Electric Folding Mirrors (once sprayed)

Remove Spare Wheel and fit a sub in the similar style of JamieP's Boot Install

Remove Tinting from Door Windows

Jeez looks like a bit of List and all I have managed so far is to remove the skirts in preparation for taking the car to the garage on Saturday :(

Anything else to consider whilst doing this lot... As a certain supermarket says "every little helps" and before anyone suggests it, I am not considering going Single !!

Cheers

Rob

what about the belts and crank pulleys?

Engine skim?

depends on your budget

Belts are less than 1000 miles old, crank pulley might be an idea....

On the engine side I am going to see what the problem is first.... Might just buy a new short block from Mr T

Nail varnish remover will get the glue off the window after you remove the film. Tried everything else you can think of on my rear window before this wonder substance did the trick.

Keep it away from the door cards though!

Nice Tip, cheers.... I'll probably remove the glass when I do it, to be safe :)

Nail varnish remover will get the glue off the window after you remove the film. Tried everything else you can think of on my rear window before this wonder substance did the trick.

Keep it away from the door cards though!

True, i also used white spirit which worked a treat ! :)

Also i recommend to remove the glass from the door, i did this and was SO much easier

Nice Tip, cheers.... I'll probably remove the glass when I do it, to be safe :)

This !!

Can clean below the window seal line also ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338655204.300150.jpg

The first thing I did was remove the headlights and front bumper, I learnt a while ago that it's worth spending 20 mins removing it, rather than £££ respraying when you drop/spill something on it :)

I then started to drain everything, oil, power steering fluid, coolant. This all gets recycled into a waste oil burner. Then connected the Air Conn System and set it to evacuate to clear down the AC system.

Whilst the fluids drained I removed the exhaust, underbody bracing plates, covers etc, and then removed the prop shaft.

Once all fluids where drained I then disconnected the radiator and inter cooler. Afterwards I removed the battery (already disconnected) battery tray, earth/neutral wire.

I then started the pita job of removing the loom.... After completing this I decided I would call it a day...

Next steps are to remove the gear box from the engine and then pull the engine out..

:)

Edited by RobUK (see edit history)

Bit off topic but kind of glad you ended up going in the CRV to DB as there were a few times where I got separated from everyone at lights and leading a pack and then spotted your high up CRV with DB stickers, was a good marker :)

Looks good for a non-project :D

Bit off topic but kind of glad you ended up going in the CRV to DB as there were a few times where I got separated from everyone at lights and leading a pack and then spotted your high up CRV with DB stickers, was a good marker :)

Looks good for a non-project :D

I was also making the effort to keep people together ;)

I am glad I went in the CRV, it only cost just over a tank and a half of fuel :D

Not sure what will happen with this "project" in a way I am doing all the things I didn't have the time to do when I rebuilt the car 2 years ago.

New Toyota block is a lot of work as you will still need to strip it, I would look at a second hand stock engine in good condition

Look forward to watching this come together though, refresh is always fun

I "thought" you could buy a complete short block from Toyota and bolt it straight on?

Looking at various things I'll probably end up stripping it down and rebuilding the block... Suppose I'll see when I get the engine out if the car and strip it down...

What state are your coilpacks and loom connectors in? Might be a good opportunity to replace that with new OEM.

Not looked at coil packs, but I am going to look at the loom generally, it has so many cuts into it for Apexi ITC, RLTC and Apexi SAFC that it was a pig to get out through the firewall...

When removing the loom today I noticed that there is a spare connector which was originally connected to the Throttle Control, I have had a search but have been unable to find out how and if this can be removed.. Has anyone attempted this ?