The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Parking tip for two car driveways

Hollywood

The Supra is one of the last vehicles to sport the long elegant nose so prevalent amongst the automotive world. It's for this reason that parking it is not quite as easy as a Volkswagen van.

For those owners whom have a long driveway with their pride and joy in slumber until the weekends, be extra careful as you park and inch up closer with your daily driver.

Number 1 : Always park nose to rear. The height of the Supra's rear will be easier to see and easier to gauge how close you are.

Number 2 : Remember having a car cover on can be deceiving.

It's something we should all naturally figure out... sadly I've seen what happens when common sense doesn't prevail.

Fortunately it's someone elses problem, but still worth mentioning! : )

I just get my girlfriend to stand in front and make bleeping noises, i like to think my supra has parking sensors you see, the only bad thing is i have to take my girlfriend everywhere haha, also im thinking about having that beeping noise when your reversing made so its heard from the outside then one of them bin lorry voices saying '' warning large vehicle reversing " :p

I have a tennis ball system where I lean out of the window and just start serving towards the garage doors.

When my balls hit my metallic doors at the perfect stopping range, they just happen to make a marvellous pinging noise @ 440Mhz or the Note of "A" if you will.

Then I know it's time to stop.