The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Absolute A*&%HOLES

DonDavidson

I awoke this morning to find somebody had egged my Supra (and the two cars parked next to mine also) i have absolutely no idea who done it or why, seems to just be random vandalism for the sake of it.

luckily (if you can say that at all in this situation) it is a wet and dull/cold day here in aberdeen, so the egg was not baked on like it would have been a few days ago if this had happened.

I hastily cleaned the car and got the vast majority off of the car within a couple of minutes but unfortunately some damage had already occurred.

these chips are all in about a 3inch diameter circle but still very p*ssed off.

doing a quick bit of CSI: Aberdeen i figured out that from the angle the egg hit my car (obvious by the position and angle of splatter marks across my bonnet) it must have been done from the pavement about 3-4 meters to the right of my car and about 10 meters down the road. I then remembered there is a bus lane camera/speed camera pointed in my cars direction from a little bit further back, now i've no idea how these cameras work but do they constantly record? or are the still picture cameras activated by motion sensors?

if there is any possibility i can get some sort of picture of these guys from that camera, i would be a very happy man.

TL;dr. My car got egged and there is a speed camera pointed near where the throwers threw from.

Problem is I doubt that will just hand the video evidence straight to you.

Really sorry to hear this, some people have no concept of hard work or money, or a very dull life that the only thing which excites them is to throw eggs. What a sad life.

I stay on Great Northern Road. Annoyingly I normally park in the more secure part of the car park which is surrounded by high walls but all the spaces were full in there that night so I had to park in one of the three that sit outside the walls. So gutted, police coming round tomorrow to take statements from me.and the other 2 owners of the other cars.

Just found a couple more chips on the bonnet and wing mirror cover :(

Dont think they know how much it costs to fix. Has happened three times to me, one time chavs put nearby traffic cones over the car, probably just messing about which unfortunatly had lumps of tar with stones stuck to the bottom, required a respray to bonnet, front wings and roof sadly in my case.. worse when it happens where you live though :(

I stay on Great Northern Road. Annoyingly I normally park in the more secure part of the car park which is surrounded by high walls but all the spaces were full in there that night so I had to park in one of the three that sit outside the walls. So gutted, police coming round tomorrow to take statements from me.and the other 2 owners of the other cars.

Just found a couple more chips on the bonnet and wing mirror cover :(

as bear said, this happened to me, only not eggs instead they put food (looked like coleslaw) from the rear bumper all the way over to the front, smashed my windscreen and dented my bonnet.. this was a few years back though. i was parked on dee street, the one with pearl lounge on it.

i live in a nicer area now and my car is off the street so hopefully nothing else will happen (touch wood).

not good at all though, may see if a machine polisher might take some of the damage out, obviously not the chips though.

That car is jinxed I swear!

First night I had it home someone decided to in grave Chinese symbols to the bonnet! After a week of mart owning it a pallet got dropped on it, now after a week or two someone does that!

Jinxed I tell ya!!

:(

As a car guy, there is nothing worse than finding out that someone has damaged your car.

I would much rather people damage me than my car. I have the basic human characteristic of being able to repair myself (for free). Unfortunately cars do not have this property yet.

There is no excuse for people messing with other peoples property.

Karma comes back around ... the people that did this will soon see!

I'll agree with that.

I genuinely dont understand the thought process that brings these little morons to think "yup, that'll be a good idea", must be some kind of genetic defect?

Hopefully when the police folks come round later they can get some info off that camera, as it is pointed directly at the area it looks like the eggs were thrown from.

Disappointing to hear that this kind of thing happens to so many other people aswell.