The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with the supra location Essex

Dim Sum

Just wanted to ask if anyone could give me a hand.

Some of you guys might know that i had my turbos rebuild and fitted by Paul but once i got it back its still not boosting properly.

Its boosting at 0.5 check all pipes and etc. I didn't look at what pauls done because i assume it should be perfect.

Im at my ends wit with this problem.

The supra just don't feel right, seems like the second turbo don't kick in.

Im not a mechanic or anything and have spend over £2000.00 just to get the turbo re condition and fitted back on

So i guess what im after is some help locally. Because i can't afford to take it back to Paul and get it checked.

I've spoken to Paul. At first he said that it might be my boost controller which is faulty and causing this so i accepted that answer on Friday.

On Saturday i decided to remove the boost controller and fit the hoses back to the stock system then took it out for a drive and to my surprise it was still boosting at .5.

Later i got my intercooler check for leaks and its fine too, i didn't want to play around with the turbo system since Paul has recently check and fitted it back.

On Monday i explained what happened over the weekend about the controller and etc.

Only solution was to bring it back to him to check on a hourly rate which i can't afford right now. :(

Where the 2 turbo inlets meet theres a pair of rubber corrugated bellows. They collapse sometimes restricting the amount of air getting to the turbos, worth a look...

Those pipe you mentioned both have been changed and more.

I ain't tried the ttc mode because im not one hundred percent sure what goes.

The only thing is changed was that a brought a set if polished turbo pipes off Paul. Don't think the pipes j spec and UK spec make any differences.

Had same problem on mine last year, if your going to bluewater meet friday ill have a look at it. No promises though. Have you checked the vac pipes from the pressure tank, you really need to check those from underneath the car, you cant see very well from above as inlet manifold obscures it.

Had same problem on mine last year, if your going to bluewater meet friday ill have a look at it. No promises though. Have you checked the vac pipes from the pressure tank, you really need to check those from underneath the car, you cant see very well from above as inlet manifold obscures it.

Thanks mark appreciate it :) What time you heading over to Bluewater friday?

Would love to help if I can (near stansted airport) but I can remember very little about the twin setup. If you are local, feel free to drop by!

Sorry just got back from A&E.

I'm based around Southend-on-Sea.

Think i might try the VSV that chris said on page 1. But just to make sure i probably get someone to drive it and make sure what i described is right.