The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock leather and Recaro seats weight difference.

SamuraiFlash

Stock seats weigh as much as the moon due to the electrics, i don't know if stock Recaro seats have electrics, if they do, the weight will be very similar. If you want to save weight buy some bucket seats and mounts.

Thanks for the reply Gaz :) The stock Recaro's are manual so I was hoping that there would be a decent weight saving.

The stock Recaro's weigh a lot less than the stock seats, as Gaz mentioned the electrics weigh them done.

When I swapped mine, I could lift the Recaro seat with one hand, which I couldn't do with the stock seats!

Retrimmed stock Recaros would be cool, but as the back seats are fake leather, I'd say stock leather would look better (or aftermarket leather bucket seats). Not that this has anything to do with the looks, but yeah.

The stock Recaro's weigh a lot less than the stock seats, as Gaz mentioned the electrics weigh them done.

When I swapped mine, I could lift the Recaro seat with one hand, which I couldn't do with the stock seats!

That sounds like a big difference, Thanks for the info :) I have always like the feel of Recaro seats, I have a set in my EP2 Civic and I love them. Don't get me wrong the stock leathers are classy but I am a Recaro whore :D

Retrimmed stock Recaros would be cool, but as the back seats are fake leather, I'd say stock leather would look better (or aftermarket leather bucket seats). Not that this has anything to do with the looks, but yeah.

The long term plan is to eventually swap the stock recaro's off the frames and buy a set of Recaro speeds from the DC2 Integra Type R and fit them into my Supra :cool: Retrim the rear seats in Red suede job done!

I know what I'd rather be sitting in should I be unfortunate enough to have a tupp (which is why I'm retaining the 2 air bags ;) ). The electric motors weigh bugger all in the great scheme of things it's the construction of the seat that makes the weight difference.

Lyndon.

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has the actual weight of the stock leather seats? Is there much of a weight saving replacing them with stock Recaro's?

the search came up with this thread started by Wez, http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?138609-Weight-of-stock-Recaro-seats

for the leather seat the drivers side including the electrical unit I found a weight of 49 lbs if that is of any help, its about 22,22kg when you convert it.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?174517-Weight-of-stock-leather-seats