The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange Driver Window. Maybe The Heat

a98pmalcolm

Ok. Strange problem happened today and I cant seem to resolve the issue.

I drove to work this morning with the window down. Got to work. Rolled the window up. Nothing out the ordinary.

But when I finished work and got into my car the drivers window wont go down. Completely lifeless. Tested the passenger one and thats fine. I checked all fuses on the off chance and there all ok, and the switch L.E.D is on so power is getting to the switch. When pushing the switch you hear the click so power is defiantly getting the the switch (when the ignition is off there is no click sound in the switch)

So I took my door card off and the motor is all plugged in ok. When flicking the switch the door card off I rested my hand against the motor to see if I can feel any movement or vibration. Nope dead..

Now, were the car was parked today the sun would had been beaming all day on the driver door.

Could it be the motor got to hot and will cool down and all will be ok tomorrow? Or has anyone heard of anything like this?

Thanks

Paul

Try unplugging the connector to the window motor, put a mulitimeter on the pins, when you push the switch up it should read 12v, when you push it down -12v or visa versa, that will tell you if its the switch or the motor. If it is the motor/ regulator that has gone I have a spare in the garage, i had a similar problem and turned out to be the switch so didnt need the spare motor.

Try unplugging the connector to the window motor, put a mulitimeter on the pins, when you push the switch up it should read 12v, when you push it down -12v or visa versa, that will tell you if its the switch or the motor. If it is the motor/ regulator that has gone I have a spare in the garage, i had a similar problem and turned out to be the switch so didnt need the spare motor.

Thanks bro. Will try that thursday on my day off..