The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to read the fuel gauge? (yes im that stupid)

ubersonic

No im not trolling, the fuel gauge has four quarters, except instead of the markings going E-1/4-1/2-3/4-F like in most cars I have had (except ones with digital readouts) the markings seem to go E-1/6-1/2-5/6-F. Am I supposed to be reading the four quarters as actual quarters or as they appear?

Thank you.

You'd be surprised how far you can drive between the empty line and the little E. I've ran on E's for a fair way. Definitely consider that empty line to be empty though, as running on the E sign below the fuel gauge line definitely isn't a place you want to be. You start to sweat and everything. I floored it once forgetting and I had a fuel cut suddenly then carried on going, scary, don't risk the biscuits.

No im not trolling, the fuel gauge has four quarters, except instead of the markings going E-1/4-1/2-3/4-F like in most cars I have had (except ones with digital readouts) the markings seem to go E-1/6-1/2-5/6-F. Am I supposed to be reading the four quarters as actual quarters or as they appear?

Thank you.

as in one sixth of a tank, 1/2 = three sixths of a tank and 5/6 = five sixths of a tank?

surely you know how to read fractions?

Its like 1/2 is the same as 2/4 is the same as 3/6 is the same as 4/8 is the same as 5/10 is the same as 6/12 etc etc

I tend to fill up when I hit 1/4 of a tank. I have looked at this before, and clocked the mileage at each point on the guage, and yes, it is 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, not as it appears. When filled up, it takes ages for the needle to move.

However, as others have said, when it gets low......fill her up!!!! duh ;)