The mkiv Supra Owners Club

400 miles trip £100 of fuel... good mpg or not?

Supra N_A

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some thing is not right there dude!

Its not too bad at approx 20 mpg ;)

Varying driving styles and what kind of journey your on will massively effect the mpg

on a bpu tt.

Its much more accurate to say how many litres you use rather than £x's due to

the quite large differances we pay for a litre of fuel across the country

Also how close to stock is your wheel/tyre diameter as this will affect how far your odo

thinks its gone and could be out by quite a bit.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I use about 28 litres (just under half a tank) to go 125 miles with about 90 of those being on the motorway at about 80mph.

The wheels that were on it then were 19" 295 wide rear, 35 profile, 245 wide front, 35 profile.

Plus, it only has a 5 speed, so the economy wont be as good as a 6 speed will it?

My old NA would do 400 to a tank on the motorway at 80mph on the same wheels that I have on the Twin now. (18", 275 wide rear, 245 wide front)

Guest DJ90

Just done 2550 miles going to Southampton and back a few times! in an NA Auto

best was 32 MPG at 60 (driving miss Daisy) 25 driving it at 80

32 to Gallon is nice But God its Boring.

Supra N/A, that sounds about right to me. It cost me about £85.00 to fill the Supra up and it gets around 350 miles with conservative driving and a couple of boosting moments down the motorway. Around town, it's a different matter. Just before Dragonball £50 got me just 130 miles, never saw a motorway and was blasting around town mostly.

H.

£85 to fill up!?:blink:

My car regularly takes about £100 and we are on the cheaper end of the scale per litre looking at Dunks table above!

I must admit. I was horrified with £85. I always fill it up as soon as the yellow light comes on. I have been paying about £1.40 a litre for Tesco 99 ron