The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Insurance renewal

Suprakeith

My insurance in up for renewal end of month and am with sky insurance,the policy last year cost £720 which i thought was fair as it was 1st year with sky plus new car, this year my renewal from sky was £1018!! I almost fell over when saw that figure,rang them up and said best they could do was £782 but still thought too high so rand adrian flux and quote is £610 for the year so alot better. Does make me wonder why a insurance compant can increase my renewal that much when havent made claim or got caught speeding and dont use the car that much i have only done 4.5k miles since got her last year. Needless to say i will be changing insurance companys later today :D

Try Graham sykes they gave me a wicked quote.

Graham Sykes gave me a quote of £687.19 for my Supra, then an excess of £850 lol. - Must say though that the Insurance company that offered me it through Graham Sykes was KGM

My insurance in up for renewal end of month and am with sky insurance,the policy last year cost £720 which i thought was fair as it was 1st year with sky plus new car, this year my renewal from sky was £1018!! I almost fell over when saw that figure,rang them up and said best they could do was £782 but still thought too high so rand adrian flux and quote is £610 for the year so alot better. Does make me wonder why a insurance compant can increase my renewal that much when havent made claim or got caught speeding and dont use the car that much i have only done 4.5k miles since got her last year. Needless to say i will be changing insurance companys later today :D

I wish i could get mine down to around £400 for the year, i do have 7 yeras NCB and am 32 with no points. I did try elephant online but they couldnt find my car because its a import i think

Keith. Do you have other cars in the household?

You really need to look at a classic policy if you are doing 4.5K miles. I am 37 with two other cars in the household. Supra is on 5K limited miles and I paid £303.00 last year. Car is NOT garaged but on my drive. We do not live in the best of post codes either.

I would give Lynbrook or LWIB a call. They were the best when I was looking.

H.

Most the insurance hikes are due to being a repeat customers as there was a feature on watchdog about how new customers can get nearly a 30% better deal than existing, As stupid as it sounds you are best off by getting your old policy to end and applying again as that way you can get the new customer rates.

Most the insurance hikes are due to being a repeat customers as there was a feature on watchdog about how new customers can get nearly a 30% better deal than existing, As stupid as it sounds you are best off by getting your old policy to end and applying again as that way you can get the new customer rates.

Or show them your best quote and get them to match it.

H.

Keith. Do you have other cars in the household?

You really need to look at a classic policy if you are doing 4.5K miles. I am 37 with two other cars in the household. Supra is on 5K limited miles and I paid £303.00 last year. Car is NOT garaged but on my drive. We do not live in the best of post codes either.

I would give Lynbrook or LWIB a call. They were the best when I was looking.

H.

Yea do have another car household but its not mine, the supra is my main and only car even though dont use it much really

Yea do have another car household but its not mine, the supra is my main and only car even though dont use it much really

Do you use it for work/commuting?

Basically if it is a luxury car tht is only used for SDP then getting it on a classic is a no brainer.

H.

Do you use it for work/commuting?

Basically if it is a luxury car tht is only used for SDP then getting it on a classic is a no brainer.

H.

Beware of classic policies - you don't accrue NCB with them. I had 5 years claim free driving on a classic policy and they wouldn't issue me with NCB as proof :(

Beware of classic policies - you don't accrue NCB with them. I had 5 years claim free driving on a classic policy and they wouldn't issue me with NCB as proof :(

I know. If you have other cars in the household you should be accruing NCB on them instead. You can't lose can you? I have NCB on my daily drive for work and the missus havs full NCB on her daily too.

During negotiations woth insurance companies I have mentioned that we have the Supra on a classic for 3 - 4 years without a claim and they have given additional discount to the original price quoted.

Soopra: too late for you I guess for but for others, most insurers will honour NCB that is 2 years old, so you could insure the car on a classic policy for 2 consecutive years, then on a normal policy for 1 year to refresh the NCB.

I'm in a similar position at the moment: the household has 2 cars and 2 drivers, both drivers having built up significant NCB. I've nearly done 2 years on a classic policy. At renewal time I'll either put it on a normal policy, write off my NCB and leave it on a classic, or do some jiggery pokery with the 2nd car alternativing between policyholders (fiddly, not if it's worth it).