The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looks like my smic is a bit ropey

barneybrendan

Took my stillen bumper off to fit my oem and active spoiler .Then noticed my smic was looking very tired.Not sure what to do now as car was pulling fine with it ,but i know what its like now.I have removed it to see if my local radiator company can make a new core.

Will the state of it actualy make any difference to its cooling.

IMG_20120523_204333.jpg

IMG_20120523_204423.jpg

IMG_20120523_204347.jpg

Yours looks a lot like mine did.

The front centimetre or so was missing from all the fins due to corrosion and stuff hitting it. If I touched the fins with my fingers, they just crumbled away and it seemed to be working fine (obviously wouldn't know, though).

What did you do Josh.fit a secondhand one or new.

I bought a newish Chris Wilson one that had been on TLicence's car.

All good so far at 1bar, but as it was handling big twins before, I'm sure it's nowhere near its limit :)

I read it would cost quite a bit to get it recored.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)

Chris Wilson SMIC - £700 each plus VAT ,£12.50plus VAT insured P&P to UK mainland addresses, a none refundable £200 pound deposit on placement of order, delivery time will be about 8 weeks, if the interest is there this will be the last chance to get one of these. I have two, maybe three people showing firm interest. Need three deposits to proceed. I'll put the last one into stock if this goes ahead. Previous customers have run these up to circa 600 BHP whilst monitoring air inlet temps to the engine,, with great success. They are all alloy, with fabrication to F1, aerospace standards, almost a shame to hide it away. They will fit using stock ducting and all stock mounting fixings, with no ifs or buts unless you have some bizarre front end on the car. How ratty is YOUR intercooler?

Hi mate, if you don't have any luck with your local guy I have my old one sat in the garage here you can have foc next time I'm down in Plymouth, probably August time. Nothing wrong with it as far as I know, just changed to an fmic.

Hi mate, if you don't have any luck with your local guy I have my old one sat in the garage here you can have foc next time I'm down in Plymouth, probably August time. Nothing wrong with it as far as I know, just changed to an fmic.

cheers mate .i am just going bpu so a good standard one should be fine.