The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone tried MAD MOTORS Do-Luck arches?

Supra Gaz

I used mad motors for a veilside fornty bumper and the fit was terrible so rang them and they said had to send to supplier for refund so they gave me address of company MRCH LTD and i thought had heard of them before so done search and found them selling the veilside bumper on ebay for £150 as they dont fit proberly and need alot of work, i paid £299 for my bumper from mad motors yet it is the same bumper, i wouldnt trust them at all and wont use them again its just my opinion but they just seem to buy cheap and sell for

Dont know anything of mad motors however do sumo power not do do luck arches?

Yep they are 8 million quid. Cheers guys, if these folks suck I will hold out for some different ones. I really want these though, I had them on my last supra and they looked great, they also line up with my new front bumper properly, cheers

I got a Seibon Carbon Bonnet for my Integra and was spot on service and fit....

Yep they are 8 million quid. Cheers guys, if these folks suck I will hold out for some different ones. I really want these though, I had them on my last supra and they looked great, they also line up with my new front bumper properly, cheers

I think the general concensus is the branded carbon parts like seibon are just being resold and are of the usual seibon etc quality. But, spoke to them about side skirts a few weeks back and felt uncomfortable doing any business with them. I have since looked elsewhere.

I must stress though I have not used them and have no first hand dealings with them, it is all opinion and hearsay.

Mr Qwarrior, I think you are right, I wonder who actually produces the arches, I can't find them for sale anywhere other than SumoPower and they are £400ish, if it comes to it then I will get them from them for piece of mind about figment etc, but at half the price they are tempting. The old expression, buy cheap buy twice may get me here.

If you do go with DoLuck archs, save your ALOT of time and hassle when it comes to fitting and cut the stock archs and mould them in. Will take longer but less hassle in the long run and a HUGE difference in fitment. My DoLuck fronts are a bit of a gash fitment. Fibreglass ins't the best, and even genuine products won't always fit properly (if ever; reference mitchell - doluck bonnet).

Blend them to stock archs. If I had the choice to do it again, I would. And there are more like 15-20mm wider. I used 25mm spacers and my wheels were set in my archs a good 10mm, they now meet the arch with the wings on, so no way that was definitely 25mm as they would be sat exactly the same. Get the wings before the spacers, and measure your clearance required.

Don't forget some doluck copies don't include headlight brackets, which I found out they are welded to the wing (if you've never looked and inspected your headlight mounts, you wouldn't know).

Spending ££££ won't mean they fit. I bought cheap ones with a huge vent in the side and used the cash I saved to get them cleaned up. You'd be best going with cheaper items and spending the money getting them fitted properly. Fibreglass wings won't have a decent fit, 150-400 quid won't net you much difference in quality IMO

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

Cheers Noz, I had a full gen 1 Do-Luck kit on my first supra, it was all genuine stuff, it fitted perfectly apart from a tiny extra bit of space between bonnet and wing. They were fibreglass and had 'do-luck' written on the inside. Did you buy copies and have trouble then? Where from mate?

Nothing wrong with madmotors. we deal with them all the time and they are very helpful, ask for Rob. Im sure i have asked about the arches for mine but they no longer do them eventhough they are listed on the site.

With regards to them in general, they are good people to deal with unlike many other companys out there