The mkiv Supra Owners Club

93 TT Supra update and refresh

qwarrior

So, I've had the supra for 4 years now and been skint for the majority of the time.

I've finally got myself sorted financially and the Supra is getting some well deserved upgrades, updates and cosmetics over the next 12 months. I'll keep this thread loaded with pic's for you guys.

It all starts here with new shoes, promptly supplied by Mr Whiffin.

Update: Before (stock wheel) pics added. 23/05/2012

Update: After (new wheels) pics added. 23/05/2012

Update: Close ups (new wheels) pics added. 23/05/2012

Update: Carbon Bonnet arrived. 24/05/2012

Update: Carbon Bonnet fitted. 24/05/2012

Front: Rota GTR 18x8.5 in Gunmetal sporting Falken 452's 235/40/18

Rear: Rota GTR-D 18x10 in Gunmetal sporting Falken 452's 265/35/18

I'll be doing some before and after photos this afternoon once I have them on the car.

A few more pics in the box:

Edited by qwarrior (see edit history)

Wheels look great...but why have you cut out the front bumper like that!?:blink:

Everybody asks that. It was like that when I got it, don't know what the reasoning was behind it. :blink:

I've just bought Peter's (pbryantknight's) stock front bumper off him to replace it. I'm going to try taking the mesh out an replacing it with a gloss black mesh for now, then I'll replace the bumper when it goes in for paint at the end of the year.

Suprised you didn't notice the state of the bonnet's paint as well. I've got a seibon carbon TS style bonnet coming from Paul very soon to replace that too. Once it's had paint, I'm thinking TS carbon lip and splitter, but I'm not giving anything away just yet.

You's will have to wait and see. ;)

Looks very nice mate... what offset are the rear GTR-D's ? Did you have to do any fender mods in order to accommodate the new wheels on the back ?

Rears are 18x10 ET +35. They clear the J-Spec calipers with bags of room, and UK's with plenty. No modifications were necessary to the back with 265/35's on but the rear end is quite stiff with the Tein coilovers I have. I have about 20-25mm clearance from the arch.

I think colinmkiv had to remove about 10mm from the inside of the arch rim with the same setup but stock suspension as they were catching when he went over speed bumps etc.

Rears are 18x10 ET +35. They clear the J-Spec calipers with bags of room, and UK's with plenty. No modifications were necessary to the back with 265/35's on but the rear end is quite stiff with the Tein coilovers I have. I have about 20-25mm clearance from the arch.

I think colinmkiv had to remove about 10mm from the inside of the arch rim with the same setup but stock suspension as they were catching when he went over speed bumps etc.

Cheers mate :)