The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how can i get the most from my 3.0 n/a

skylinekid

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It all comes down to your power goals and your current spec? I've got an NA but i have the v161 so logical step for me is going NA-T with a TT pistons so i can run higher boost and know that i've got the gearbox that can cope, if you have the auto/5speed manual and are looking for higher power i would really say just get a TT 6spd instead as it will probably workout cheaper in the long run

It all comes down to your power goals and your current spec? I've got an NA but i have the v161 so logical step for me is going NA-T with a TT pistons so i can run higher boost and know that i've got the gearbox that can cope, if you have the auto/5speed manual and are looking for higher power i would really say just get a TT 6spd instead as it will probably workout cheaper in the long run

Logical step if you already have the V161 is to put a TT engine in there, will cost less than going N/A-T, and you will have less headaches.

To the OP, if you are already craving more power, then perhaps an N/A isn't for you?

Plenty of TT auto's going for 3-4k nowadays. :)

right picking up my supra 2night just wanted to no if there's anything to do to get the most out the engine it already has a big zorst ant indution kit

Hi and welcome to the club.

Just so you know we love our Supras here - but we're not fans of text speak :)

After having a na for a while now the only ways you will get the most out of it will be to have an upgraded manifold that does the first decat at the same time a 2nd decat a catback exhaust and if you are really lucky a mines ecu which is what I have but as mentioned the cost to gain is not in your favour. You could strip out unwanted weight like the back seats ect but it all depends on how you want your car to look. A good service with new filters,spark plugs,dizzy cap and arm won't go a miss and also get a stock airbox and panel filter back in it as well. The ironic thing is some engines will have retained more of the horses that were originally in the stable at the start which is annoying when you get other na's with just a a first decat catback being the same speed as what you are after shelling out.

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

Logical step if you already have the V161 is to put a TT engine in there, will cost less than going N/A-T, and you will have less headaches.

To the OP, if you are already craving more power, then perhaps an N/A isn't for you?

Plenty of TT auto's going for 3-4k nowadays. :)

i'm not sure i follow given that to reach my power goal I would need to go single on the TT engine anyways i don't see how buying a TT engine ditching the twins then going single on that will be more cost efficient than going NA-T as I will be doing the work myself this will also keep costs down, technically speaking I could even reach the power goals I have in mind by just fitting a thicker HG as opposed to getting TT pistons.

i'm not sure i follow given that to reach my power goal I would need to go single on the TT engine anyways i don't see how buying a TT engine ditching the twins then going single on that will be more cost efficient than going NA-T as I will be doing the work myself this will also keep costs down, technically speaking I could even reach the power goals I have in mind by just fitting a thicker HG as opposed to getting TT pistons.

T.T. pistons are designed to work in conjunction with the oil squirters which you won't have, save yourself a lot of unnecessary work and use the thicker head gasket solution.

T.T. pistons are designed to work in conjunction with the oil squirters which you won't have, save yourself a lot of unnecessary work and use the thicker head gasket solution.

Sound advice......... I like how I was one of the only one's who tried to give the advice he wanted........ The old threads were right this place is going downhill.

Evening everyone though :D

That would be my preference, especially from a resale point of view. I don't ever think I've seen a N/A-T fetch good money.

It's your car, but I would be thinking of future valve before I undertook a serious modification like that on a clean OEM car like yours. :)

That would be my preference, especially from a resale point of view. I don't ever think I've seen a N/A-T fetch good money.

It's your car, but I would be thinking of future valve before I undertook a serious modification like that on a clean OEM car like yours. :)

:yeahthat:

NA-T's go for a fraction of the price of a proper single.

If your doing a cheap conversion go for it, but if your throwing money at it, it's always better to see some back.