The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 supra

cooke

If it is an SZ-R then yes, they were standard fit. If just an SZ then possibly, as it was a factory option. A lot of the SZ models seem to just come with open diffs (with a 4.083:1 ratio) though.

You can tell by looking at the VIN plate. If it says A01A then it has an open 4.083:1 diff with an 8" crown wheel, if it says A01B then it has a TorSen LSD with the same 4.083:1 ratio and 8" crown wheel.

So yeah, it could quite possibly have an LSD as standard. :)

The man selling the lsd does not have the car or diff code, i just asked him to open it and look to see if it is an lsd but dont no if he will or not, would i be right in saying that the case of an lsd has groves on both sides and open diff case is smooth on one side? Dont no were i heard this