Dragonball 2012 Rotterdam - after event chat thread

Branners

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been a member for a while but this was my first DB, have to say it lived up to all expectations and more, the planning was first class, the hotel was superb, they really looked after us, the road trips were good fun, the scenery was stunning, the company was excellent and the memories will be long lived

Thanks to the club for such a fun weekend and Kayla for being a first class co-pilot, a big thanks also to Dave Whittle (Supraloopy) for building a fantastic car that performed faultlessly for the entire trip, now lets get it singled !!

I am home now, shattered & just grinning ear to ear! I can't believe we got 2 days of fantastic weather!!

How we managed that with so many cars is impressive in any town, let alone through 3 countries!!

Thank you again to Branners & the team & everyone for coming, you guys made it special! Think we got tonnes of footage! Hopefully some good ones!!

Oh & we found the castle!! :D

I've just got home, me and Tasha both loved the whole weekend, especially the great drive on Saturday in the sun :cool: Such a fantastic weekend, big thanks to everyone that organised it and helped get us there and back not only safely but in style. Can't say enough good things, i'm just looking forward to next year :)

It was my first dragonball run I've ever attended and liked each and every minute of the event, thanks for the hospitality of everyone who participated. The hotel breakfast and dinner were also good, J.Branners thanks again for organizing this event and all who helped to make this happen.

Hope you all arrived home safe.

It was my first dragonball run I've ever attended and liked each and every minute of the event, thanks for the hospitality of everyone who participated. The hotel breakfast and dinner were also good, J.Branners thanks again for organizing this event and all who helped to make this happen.

Hope you all arrived home safe.

Great to meet you Mario!! You sir have a stunning Supra :cool:

Was great to meet with the Dutch Supra's too! Did anyone get a total Supra count? We must have been close to 50!

Superb 3 days, superb company, great drives, great hotel - all in all another memorable forum event. We are lucky to have such a great set of members headed up by Mr B. John, many, many thanks for spending so much time calculating routes that combined pace, grace and interest - incredible job. Scott, thank you for the ITN files without which we'd still be in Holland!!

Great to see many old faces and so many new ones too. And thanks to Abz for using NA power to get me started back in the UK - it was almost a trailer home for me this year!! One dead battery for sure! 1,020 miles added to the car and every one memorable.

To all who attended, including all the Dutch members who made the effort - superb - can't wait for next year's! :D

Well I am sure it will be no surprise to everyone but I am in bed already. Night night.

I wanted to say a really big thank you to branners and all the others that helped! Clearly a serious amount of work went in to that trip and I found the whole thing great fun and totes amaze!

sorry that we missed the train.....I followed lui!!! Mistake number 1 :)

Hope to see you all on the next dragonball

Loved it too but was ready to be home by the end! My aux belt lasted the remainder. Thank you to all that helped and a big thanks to the Dutch guys for giving me a spare one. Although in the end we couldn't fit it :( it was nice to meet some new people and catch up with the old ones. And thanks to everyone who helped with anything in any way possible. Also I'd like to tank the people of holland. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and welcoming. And spoke great English.

We are in again next year :p

To start with a massive thanks to all involved in the planning and organising

Also a big thanks to all the great members of this amazing forum, it's just amazing what a friendly club we have, this is our 2nd Dragonball and already we are thinking about next years

For a funny highlight for me it as to be the massage chair moments last night, hopefully a video or pics will show up at some point to explain it better:eyebrows:

Sorry to anyone I didn't get to chat to and thanks to everyone we did

When can I put my deposit down for Dragon13all

Branners can you remember to let me know about dates for the other thing we talked about so the Portland run doesn't end up clashing:cool:

Ellis, Jen loved the Dragonball pack especially the hangy things, really good extra to have for the info as well

and those of us with SatNavs a big thanks to Scott for the Itinery download, made life so much easier when we got lost:blink:

From me and JenHuge thanks to Branners again, your time and effort is really appreciated

Thinks it's time for bed before driving back to Gatwick at 6am in the morning to head to Orlando

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Well we just got home 10 mins ago, What a great weekend me & Karen had. BIG THANKS to all who helped putting this together. Great to meet all off you. Ellis,stop knocking the na's, I'll have you kno that i am well pleased with my na( we shaved 25mins off the sat nav time from the tunel to cornwall. Car went like a wet dream. Sorry about the spelling :D As for the milage 14000 aprox. Big up to Mario(Great chap). Time for a beer & smoke now. catch up later's peeps.

Thanks

Malcolm & Karen

It was my first dragonball... and it won't be my last! Had a cracking few days!

Was great to meet lots of new people and some I already knew.

Thanks to all that organised it, especially to John a lot of time and effort was put in and it hasn't disappointed.

Also being the camera car for a day meant I did get to listen and look at all you guys flying and they all sounded great!... Lui's yours was mental and sounded more like a jet fighter :D

Bring on dragon13all :eyebrows:

Well we just got home 10 mins ago, What a great weekend me & Karen had. BIG THANKS to all who helped putting this together. Great to meet all off you. Ellis,stop knocking the na's, I'll have you kno that i am well pleased with my na( we shaved 25mins off the sat nav time from the tunel to cornwall. Car went like a wet dream. Sorry about the spelling :D As for the milage 14000 aprox. Big up to Mario(Great chap). Time for a beer & smoke now. catch up later's peeps.

Thanks

Malcolm & Karen

Glad to hear you guys got home okay, what a huge trip you had from Folkstone!! Then again I guess you wasn't really driving as KITT was doing it all! Knight Rider would have been a Supra if only it was released 10 or so years later. :D

Was lovely to meet you both :)

Superb 3 days, superb company, great drives, great hotel - all in all another memorable forum event. We are lucky to have such a great set of members headed up by Mr B. John, many, many thanks for spending so much time calculating routes that combined pace, grace and interest - incredible job. Scott, thank you for the ITN files without which we'd still be in Holland!!

Great to see many old faces and so many new ones too. And thanks to Abz for using NA power to get me started back in the UK - it was almost a trailer home for me this year!! One dead battery for sure! 1,020 miles added to the car and every one memorable.

To all who attended, including all the Dutch members who made the effort - superb - can't wait for next year's! :D

Well someone had to step up, and it wasn't going to be one of the TT boys!!

Think I did well in my NA, got a couple of kills & kept up well considering on Saturday I was kacking myself as the hot weather was making my J Specs spongy!! Blocking some roads, camera dude & a little drift action... Who said NA's were boring :D

It was my first dragonball... and it won't be my last! Had a cracking few days!

Was great to meet lots of new people and some I already knew.

Thanks to all that organised it, especially to John a lot of time and effort was put in and it hasn't disappointed.

Also being the camera car for a day meant I did get to listen and look at all you guys flying and they all sounded great!... Lui's yours was mental and sounded more like a jet fighter :D

Bring on dragon13all :eyebrows:

I hope the Go Pro's got some good footage, Ellis thought having a good pro attaching to my car meant he could try mate with his car to mine! A few bum clenching moments when he zoomed by with inches to spare!! Or the one where Scott told me to come closer to your car whilst on a bend & then telling you to do the same!!

:D

I hope the Go Pro's got some good footage, Ellis thought having a good pro attaching to my car meant he could try mate with his car to mine! A few bum clenching moments when he zoomed by with inches to spare!! Or the one where Scott told me to come closer to your car whilst on a bend & then telling you to do the same!!

:D

Yeah when he said to us both to get closer and we ended up about an inch apart... was interesting lol

The go pro on the stick was brilliant it caused Ellis to want to mate with my car too lol

Had the most fantastic time at Dragonball, it was my first one but definitely not the last !! Met loads of the new people who made the trip the great success it was. Got home about an hour a go, but would like to say a massive thankyou to JB and everyone else who made this trip possible.

Yeah when he said to us both to get closer and we ended up about an inch apart... was interesting lol

The go pro on the stick was brilliant it caused Ellis to want to mate with my car too lol

My car is magnetically drawn to GoPros!!

Well what can I say that hasn't been said already? :D

What an amazing few days, it feels sad knowing that it is all over again so soon for another year :( My girlfriend Clair and I had another brilliant Dragonball, we're already thinking about next year :D

I would like to say a BIG thanks to everyone who helped organise this trip and made it happen. As the Dragonball is what being in a club is all about. It's about our cars and meeting each other and having a great time, and this trip really captured that. Also thanks to all the guys taking video footage and photos, as it's great to catch all these memories for years to come. Lastly thanks for all those who came, I had some good laughs with everyone and I look forward to seeing you all again!! :)

I'm really glad I met some more new people and could put forum names to faces. It's always funny to see if people look how you imagined them :D

I learnt a few things on this years trip, such as:

1. You can actually overtake Branners and not receive an instant ban :D

2. After owning my car for 5 years and not ever driving it in the rain, I found out how to use the windscreen wiper stalk properly :D

3. Don't follow TT Paul as you will get lost.... Big time :p

4. There is no passport control as you pass into Belgium and Holland. I didn't realise I was in Belgium till somebody told me, the whole time I thought we were still in France till then :D

5. Last thing I learnt was just how happy I get to see another club member. Whilst lost for hours, I was so happy when I saw Ellis come running down a hill towards me whilst I sulked by my car all lost for so long. He had spotted us from where he was parked up at the top of the hill in the rest of the convoy. It felt like Christmas when I saw him :D

So start the countdown and roll on next year, as if it's anything like this years trip it'll be quite a trip :cool:

Edited by KamaSupra (see edit history)

Well I just got home, stopped in Stamford for an hour for a Chinese as it was a good halfway point. Anyway a huge thanks to all those involved in organising the event and also those who went for making it a fantastic time, roll on Dragonball 2013!!