The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Smoked Rear Lights - Now With Pictures Day and Night

listy

Decided to tint my rear lights today with E-Tech Smoked tinting spray. (Thanks Jon (DownImpact) for the spray :))

One can has done three coats on both lights, and I have put on two coats of laquer to help protect the tint.

They have come up quite dark, but you can still see the lenses through the tint a bit in person, and the lights do shine through quite nicely :)

Edited by listy (see edit history)

You do realise that your car will now fail an mot ? You need a reflector on the rear of your vehicle somewhere

Will the reflector part not work through the tint? Or is it only shining out that works?

The reflector is still visible when you shine light on it. You can see it in the pics where the lights are off the car. Thats the finished product. They do look darker on the car, but the pics dont show it very well and make them look a lot darker.

Just had a look again this morning, and the reflectors are visible :)

Edited by listy (see edit history)

The coppers round my area seem to be pretty good when it comes to my car. As some may have seen, my front plate isnt exactly 100% "legal", and they never ask about that. The only problem I've ever had was because the colour of the car didnt match the V5, explained that I never checked the colour on the V5 (who does?) and sent it off and they were happy.

If they do pull me for the lights, then I'll just figure out a way to get a stick on reflector somehow and make it look good. But as I said, look in the first pics, and you can clearly see the reflector shining through :)

No I've already had a run in with the law and they told me to change them otherwise I will be getting a fine , it's a shame because the c-west covers looked great

The C-West covers are quite a bit darker than these when seen in person. As I said, the tints aren't actually as dark as they look in the pics of them in the car. The true tint is better visible in the pics of the lights off the car.

The reflectors do shine through, so wont have a problem, unless the Roz decide to be anal, which very rarely happens round my way :)

The C-West covers are quite a bit darker than these when seen in person. As I said, the tints aren't actually as dark as they look in the pics of them in the car. The true tint is better visible in the pics of the lights off the car.

The reflectors do shine through, so wont have a problem, unless the Roz decide to be anal, which very rarely happens round my way :)

lol fair one, there is a copper round my way who has an absolute hard on for me............................ i hate the pri@k