The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hate people that slate supra's when they have no idea.

Chris Bailey

The man at my work slated supra's today saying how slow they are and how rubbish the engine is - Now im sorry in my opinion and i hope all off you guys agree the 2JZ has got to be one of the greatest engines's ever produced. The man who said how bad the supra is owns a S14 making 560bhp @ 1.9 bar (Which is impressive). He said he reckons he's s14 would make mince meat of a 650+bhp supra! IS HE MAD?!?. Also he was saying why an auto box in a supra is the worst thing ever. Now i know auto boxes are not everyone's cup of tea but as ive been told a auto box in a bpu supra is a good choice :)

Has anyone else had people who they know slate the supra?

ask him why he didn't buy a car with a proper engine, or could he only afford a little 2l four pot :D

Quite amusingly its the ones with no experience of a car are the ones that have the most to say.

Autocar experts i like to call them, whatever the car is they always have a mate with something faster.

Edited by TubbyTwo (see edit history)

Just point him in the direction of a JamieP youtube video and then ask for a second opinion :D

Just wondering how many Supra "Demo Cars" there have been? Do-Luck, Envy, Top Secret, Falken to name but a few.

And the same for an S14?............Can't think of any! Surprised? No.

Plus the cosworth tuned drift car that came second this year.

Think the highest S14 was 8th? Not 100% on that one but its around there.

Point them out to him :D

mate the 2jz is to date one of the best and well built engines ever produced and its in a fantastic car.

Just say to your little chum, how much money has he chucked at is little s14 to get it at 560hp? £££££££££££ is bet!

Now get a 2jz bolt on a single and a few other bits :) BAM!! 600hp plus.

Now tell him to jog on lol :)

Sorry hate people like this

Ive owned the supra a week tomorrow now and some chav i work with keeps calling it a MR2!!! and taking the mickey because its a Auto, yet he drives a 1.2 corsa , i just egnore him as he aint got a clue.....cant win anyway as he used to call the skyline a Datsun! some people are just muppets!

mate the 2jz is to date one of the best and well built engines ever produced and its in a fantastic car.

Just say to your little chum, how much money has he chucked at is little s14 to get it at 560hp? £££££££££££ is bet!

Now get a 2jz bolt on a single and a few other bits :) BAM!! 600hp plus.

Now tell him to jog on lol :)

Sorry hate people like this

He's spend £25000+ ;) It all started because my dad picked me up from work today and he said is that your dads supra. I said yeah it is why? He then said how rubbish and heavy they are etc. Correct me if im wrong but the supra weights about 1600kg which isnt to shabby considering the size of the car.

Another thing that also made me chuckle was he said he's S14 with 560bhp does 0-60mph in 4.9 seconds. Now i know its not all about 0-60 but that seems slow to me considering it apparently makes 560bhp @ 1.9 bar. He should really know he's stuff considering he build Japspeed's 1JZ Subaru driftcar (That's what he told me anyways) Wheather thats true or not lol.

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

Ive owned the supra a week tomorrow now and some chav i work with keeps calling it a MR2!!! and taking the mickey because its a Auto, yet he drives a 1.2 corsa , i just egnore him as he aint got a clue.....cant win anyway as he used to call the skyline a Datsun! some people are just muppets!

Oh god this chav sounds like a right joker! Just say to him my wiper motor proberly makes more hp than your engine ;)

How are you finding Supra ownership anyway mate?

Oh god this chav sounds like a right joker! Just say to him my wiper motor proberly makes more hp than your engine ;)

How are you finding Supra ownership anyway mate?

Hahaha i might use that one the next time he starts shooting his mouth off :D

The man at my work slated supra's today saying how slow they are and how rubbish the engine is - Now im sorry in my opinion and i hope all off you guys agree the 2JZ has got to be one of the greatest engines's ever produced. The man who said how bad the supra is owns a S14 making 560bhp @ 1.9 bar (Which is impressive). He said he reckons he's s14 would make mince meat of a 650+bhp supra! IS HE MAD?!?. Also he was saying why an auto box in a supra is the worst thing ever. Now i know auto boxes are not everyone's cup of tea but as ive been told a auto box in a bpu supra is a good choice :)

Has anyone else had people who they know slate the supra?

Don't rise to it and just ignore him. It's all a matter of taste and preference :)

It just so happens his taste and preference is rubbish!

i get people like this everyday where i live all they own are saxo's (no surprise) and polo's little diddy cars i call them they hate that or chicken chaser's haha, i hate them but i get things said to me everyday its an auto blah blah i take no notice as they are just jealous that i own one of the best cars with the best engine ever made so it just goes right over my head plus there is nothing wrong with an auto i don't get the whole thing about an auto they are great and there isn't much different between an auto and manual if they were as slow and rubbish like most people say then the japs would never have put them in the supra or any other car that is a super car as the supra was a super car of its day :).

He should really know he's stuff considering he build Japspeed's 1JZ Subaru driftcar (That's what he told me anyways) Wheather thats true or not lol.

Unless his name is Jamie Morgan and he is one of Japspeeds top mechanics, then no, he didnt! If he is called Jamie Morgan however, all credit to him, but he's still a c**k!

Oh and I always call Skylines Datsuns lol Just because it pi$$es my mate off :rlol:

Unless his name is Jamie Morgan and he is one of Japspeeds top mechanics, then no, he didnt! If he is called Jamie Morgan however, all credit to him, but he's still a c**k!

Oh and I always call Skylines Datsuns lol Just because it pi$$es my mate off :rlol:

Guess what?.................He's name is NOT Jamie Morgan!

Must be lieing to me!...Naughty naughty!