The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A purchase

stevie_b

Thanks guys! I've just had a good look through other posts and I can't really find *ANY* major faults! Oh, apart from squeaky boot rubbers! If that's the extent of it, I don't have too much to worry about! :D

Has anyone had a car inspection done by the AA or RAC? Are they worth it on a Supe?

Anyone want to buy a Rover Metro 1.1? 144k on the clock and still ticking :p

Originally posted by stevie_b

Has anyone had a car inspection done by the AA or RAC? Are they worth it on a Supe?

It depends on how confident you feel about looking a car over yourself, or whether you can get a friend to help you. AA and RAC inspections are OK but remember you have absolutely no comeback on them if they miss anything and (a bit like a house inspection) they won't go to the ends of the earth to check everything out.

Originally posted by Jake

Is that genuine? :p

Absolutely! I've owned it since it had 35k on it, with a paper trail of documents to prove it. :)

Great (if slow) engines, shame about the rust-prone bodywork.

I've got a feeling the performance of the supe will be a bit of an 'eye opener' for me. :blink: Clean underwear, please!

I had mine inspedted when I bought it - about as much use as a chocolate fireguard !

complete waste of time - if they actually saw the car - and money as far as I'm concerned but I guess it's pretty much down to the individual you get and if you can be there to watch what he checks.

:D

I laughed like hell last night my bro in law just bought a Vauxhall Fronterra; he said its great its got a soft top. I said I know , if you leave it outside long enough you will be able to peel it off!:p

btw where is the TT zone; what would you do if the real brain came home with a TT???:twak:

Originally posted by Fiftyplus1

:D

I laughed like hell last night my bro in law just bought a Vauxhall Fronterra; he said its great its got a soft top. I said I know , if you leave it outside long enough you will be able to peel it off!:p

btw where is the TT zone; what would you do if the real brain came home with a TT???:twak:

That might not be that far in the future if the sodding bank will sort its act out and give me my fecking money :D

She did actually come home in one a while back but she had to give OXY back his keys afterwards... She was gutted LOL.

Welcome to the fold :)

I personally don't see the interest in buying an N/A Supra. They are more expensive to insure and lack the performance of the real Supra :p Give the Supra a bad name cos people in Scoobies race them and then brag to their m8s they just beat a Supra :innocent: Especially if you want to mod, no point buying the N/A cos you'll only end up trying to sell it so you can buy a TT.

But then maybe you just want the pose factor of the gorgeous Supra, without the go. Fair enough in that case lol :thumbs:

Cheers,

Brian.