The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How silly do I feel

green_dragon

Just fitted my Blitz SUS filter (thanks for that Dude), and thought while I'm here I'll fit my ''manual boost controller''. So I did a search on how to fit it, and ended up on the .com site where it explains how to do it etc. etc.

Reading on though it says that for maximum boost just leave the pipe off completely... so I did.

Now my car is standard apart from the air filter so I thought 'How much difference can it make?' I found out... 'Quite a lot!!'

Normal boost is 0.76 bar max, this hit 1.45!! before giving out the most allmighty bang under the bonnet, and leaving me with no power and no dump valve. SH1T !!

Just as I was about to go to bed and hide, I thought I'd see what I'd done - thinking the turbos would be scattered around the engine bay. Luckily for me it was just an intercooler pipe blown off under the pressure, phew !

Stupid boy.

What a rush though:stupid:

Chris

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

pmsl..... but glad its ok!!

Did it go like a bat out of hell for that little period though :sly:

Mate it was like my arse was on fire, it about gave me whiplash.

Just glad I can laugh about it now.

Doesn't bare thinking about telling the girlfriend we cant afford the new carpet cos I've smoked my turbos pissing about :blink:

Originally posted by green_dragon

Mate it was like my arse was on fire, it about gave me whiplash.

Just glad I can laugh about it now.

Doesn't bare thinking about telling the girlfriend we cant afford the new carpet cos I've smoked my turbos pissing about :blink:

well its obvious how that conversation would of ended.......

Lads i cant afford new turbo's coz gf says were still getting new carpet :D lol

im glad i havent been for a ride in a TT yet otherwise i know id want one!:(

Thats true.

It was only for a second though, maybe it would have cut out if it was there any longer.

I didn't have chance to look at my analogue guage, but the peak reading on the Blitz digital was 1.45. Maybe its reading a bit high? I dont know, and I'm not planning on doing it again to find out.

Cos like whitesupraboy2 says, turbos or not, the carpet WILL be going down:conf: