The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is anyone running NA-T on here?

spider2123

You could always run a tt autobox as they're fairly inexpensive. There are quite a few members running over 500lbs of torque with coolers and they seem to still be running fine.

As mentioned the NA-T topic has been covered a lot and there are a variety of kits available from budget kits like the xs power one to the higher spec and quality ones such as the whifbitz and boostlogic kits.

Also have a look on club na-t for more info there tend to be a lot of used kits for sale on there though be careful if buying from abroad with shipping and import taxes.

A mate of mine wants more Hp, Just want to know what kits are out there and do they

Perform well.

Whifbitz

Boost Logic

Power House Racing

How much does your friend want to spend, a proper conversion will cost many £K's

Whifbitz

Boost Logic

Power House Racing

How much does your friend want to spend, a proper conversion will cost many £K's

Yeah i have thought about NA-T conversion and have come to the conlusion it will be cheaper for me to sell up and buy a single

You mean TT ;)

Either, you looking at atleast £5k to have a NA properly converted id say, i brought my NA for £3k, if i managed to get £3k for it then that would give me £8k to spend on another car, which i think would get me a half decent TT or NA-T.

Either, you looking at atleast £5k to have a NA properly converted id say, i brought my NA for £3k, if i managed to get £3k for it then that would give me £8k to spend on another car, which i think would get me a half decent TT or NA-T.

For 8k you could have a nice bpu TT and some money would be my guess.

i'm going to be going NA-T over winter with a forged bottom end, dizzy delete, arp studs and acl bearings and a nice S366 turbo :D looking for 600whp or there abouts

This is the thing as you have the 6speedbox which is the key to the whole process and makes NA-T worth doing in my eyes as you can push it a lot further than the w58 box. If I had a 6speed I would be more up for NA-T but I don't and it feels like to much hard work to piece together my own kit or spend a lot of money to get a whifbitzs ect as I will still be capped by my gearbox.

In my eyes the money is not worth it on a 5speed although for those out there that can do their own fitting it is a different story.

This is the thing as you have the 6speedbox which is the key to the whole process and makes NA-T worth doing in my eyes as you can push it a lot further than the w58 box. If I had a 6speed I would be more up for NA-T but I don't and it feels like to much hard work to piece together my own kit or spend a lot of money to get a whifbitzs ect as I will still be capped by my gearbox.

In my eyes the money is not worth it on a 5speed although for those out there that can do their own fitting it is a different story.

agreed, a friend of mine has gone through 3 w58's now and he's running 365bhp so by no means a large amount, I'm going to be piecing together the parts and sending my sump pan off to a friend to be tapped for return line along with a FFIM that will require drilling and tapping.

agreed, a friend of mine has gone through 3 w58's now and he's running 365bhp so by no means a large amount, I'm going to be piecing together the parts and sending my sump pan off to a friend to be tapped for return line along with a FFIM that will require drilling and tapping.

I personally cant risk going that route and trouncing gearboxes as I would rather save up and just get a TT from the start as that way it is all made to cope for what it runs and you can go from there, This is why I consider my car around a near finishing mark mod wise and it just needs a few bits and bobs here and there as I consider anything else dead money really.

I personally cant risk going that route and trouncing gearboxes as I would rather save up and just get a TT from the start as that way it is all made to cope for what it runs and you can go from there, This is why I consider my car around a near finishing mark mod wise and it just needs a few bits and bobs here and there as I consider anything else dead money really.

This is also my problem, do is save up enough to be able to afford to get a TT or NA-T or do i spend money on my NA :(

Im spending money on my NA for the moment, getting the exterior sorted. Then come winter time i will see. Either keep it and TT swap if i have it looking the way i want, or take all the bits i have bought which i may need, e.g coilovers and buy a TT and put all the stuff i have kept on that....this way i have not really 'wasted' any money.