The mkiv Supra Owners Club

driver seat moves under braking

ashbuster

ive noticed its not just me so thought i would make a thread to see if there is a fix for this

when braking my driver seat moves slightly but enough to make you worry. around a cm it moves

anyone know why it does it and if it can be fixed easy enough or does it mean a new seat?

thanks guys

Yeah mine does the same :( it dont really worry me normally and sometimes it dont even do it but when your doing high speeds and brake it does kind of feel like your going to carry on into the steering wheel, its like the seat isnt locking in on the sliders properly even though mines electric seat

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The main problem is your to fat.

What you think is your seat is infact your belly washing back and forward......I know this as it happens to me all the time.

Or it might be that somewhere in the seat is a bolt that is working loose, seeing as this is happening to a few people.

I've just replaced the gear in my electic seat mechanism. I now only run it in one slider with the other just following but I do not have any movement.

The seat winders have to be rotated to move the seat so I'm surprised your getting movement. Have you checked the bolts on the top of the mechanical winders are still present and that the movement isn't the winder bar sliding out if the mounting hole?

The main problem is your to fat.

What you think is your seat is infact your belly washing back and forward....

I'm fairly certain this isn't it - being 6ft3 and weighing a measily 77kg, I rarely get these problems :p

I've just replaced the gear in my electic seat mechanism. I now only run it in one slider with the other just following but I do not have any movement.

The seat winders have to be rotated to move the seat so I'm surprised your getting movement. Have you checked the bolts on the top of the mechanical winders are still present and that the movement isn't the winder bar sliding out if the mounting hole?

Will have a look this weekend, this sounds like a possible culprit. :thumbs: