The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hmm Cant Quite Pin Point It On My Interior.

a98pmalcolm

Hay all. Ok I started a thread the other day about custom dials. And the reason for the custom dials Idea was I'm not quite happy the way my interior looks. I custom fitted my JTI screen which looks nice, wrapped to dash panels in gunmetal. But I'm still not happy with it.. Most probably because I'm a fussy bugger :D

I love the outside of the car, I couldn't want it any different.

My mate that is a Deffi dealer is looking into the super sports cluster atm.

I wondered if anyone has any idea to change it to make it look a little nicer. I wont be offended to what you have to say because it may help the look of it. Maybe you could post a pic of your dash's so I can get an idea of what other people have done (not to make mine exactly the same) but to get some thoughts.

This is the way it looks now:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9936/20120425190005.jpg

Thanks

Paul

Paint the dash panel 'matt black' it will look tons better..! also change the steering wheel maybe 'issotta'?

I came from a BMW to the Supra so I too feel your pain...! Though soon i will be getting a full interior trim..! 'black everything' it wears better and never goes out of fasion'.

I would get the dash flocked or get Dave to wrap it in black suede and hide whatever that is to the right bottom of your steering wheel, turbo timer? I hid my boost controller and racelogic controller in my glove box just to keep it plain and tidy mate.

With some nice stainless steel surrounds and stainless knobs i think your sorted. Maybe even some nice thor dials. Im not a fan of the steering wheel think it overloads the shiney'ness around the driving area. All very much silver with the light grey and stainless. Maybe with a darker toned grey wrap it may help bring out the definition of the steel.

Photoshop request maybe?

Awesome looking interior though. its very difficult to try and pin an area that isn't to everyones taste. If that were my car, I'd be seriously happy.

Definitely look into the Nod-iDrive-esque display. I'm waiting for one.

I too have a BMW daily (two of 'em!) and getting in the Supra, it's more fun, but not as nice a place to sit. I want my gadgets, like iDrive, screen displays, HUD, etc.

...all in time,