The mkiv Supra Owners Club

opinions on a white colour please :)

ashbuster

hey guys what do you guys think of this colour

the pearl white/blue , ignore the blue parts at the bottom just look at the pearl white/blue

4664777998_353a367cec.jpg

im looking for a colour for my respray and i want it to look really good but still sticking with some sort of white,

just want honest opinions because i only want it sprayed once and i dont want people thinking the colour is gay

Capture3.jpg

ahh, i wanted it not to look creamy, but i thought it was all down to your base? the masserati doesnt look creamy tho does it and it says its pearl white/blue

i want something different, ive been looking at white flake too but i think thats abit over the top

i like balloon white but sometimes it looks silver, any other whites that look really nice but not just normal white?

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

thats why i cant make my mind up.

i want a colour that will photo up well and look good at night aswell as daytime

does anyone know to a website that i look at different colours on? to help try and find a colour. im looking for something abit more specialized than normal 040 white base colour

Pearl white tends to look slightly grey without any sunlight...i wanted to spray mine in pearl white too, after seeing many pearl white cars, ive kind of changed my mind. Lambhorghini balloon white caught my eye, but im not sure if it will suit the supra or not. In the end its probs best to go for a really nice deep reflective pure white maybe with a hint of pearl...thats what i would go for, either that or kandy apple red/lexus matador red, like liquid metal - oooh lol

I had mine done in a pearl white , year later i decided it was a bit ghey for a Supra and now im back to standard 040 white and its soo much better .

thats what im worried about, that i would want to change it afterwards and when im going through the trouble of a full respray i would be gutted if i didnt like it afterwards

thats why i posted up here first.

is there a website that shows all different coloured paintjobs on cars?

i like the balloon white but after thinking shane's car was silver for so long when its actually balloon white its put me off.

You have to be a bit careful with pearl whites, as as said some can look decidedly cream, and the lack of sunlight doesn't help, the other main problem is that if it should need a repair, unless the original method of application is used, its very hard to get it to match, and then its still a bit hit and miss, modern factory options are the best bet.

looks like i think my best bet is too stick with something simple

im having trouble seeing the difference between ibis white and icewhite , is there any?

and thanks guys you helped me make my mind up, one thing i wanted is for it to stay bright white but i didnt know it couldnt be done with pearl.

balloon white looks too silver so thats put me off that even tho i think the colour is really nice.

so the brightest would be something like i posted above ice white / ibis white ?

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

I was in the same boat as you I loved the pearl in white but did not like the off white colour , I went to my local paint shop and went through all the bmw , audi , toyota whites the bloke sprayed a blue pearl over some samples to help me decide and they looked so nice in the sunshine but straight away in the shade it had lost that ultra white look so I went for the brightest white I could get out of the tin pure white non mixed all the audi ,bmws have other colours mixed in to create a different shade

the greyness of the pearl is usually caused by the amount of pearl coats layed down and brightness of white ground coat. I sprayed a lambretta scooter with 3 stage pearl, using a brilliant white ground coat then gave it 2 medium coats of pearl and the result was that is still looked bright white but when the light hit it whether it street lamp or sunlight the pearl really came out and looked spot on. So as said depending on how bright your base/ground coat and instead of 4-5 coats of pearl reduce it down. But as said any future repairs can be a real nightmare task.

i need a colour that will look good at night too.

the plan was to only have a little pearl over the top and a nice white base, thats how my stepdad said to do it if i wanted it done.

what would it look like at night? still white? and any ideas what balloon white looks like at night?