The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cobra Misano - anniversary

Pig

Fitted my new seats last night and am very pleased with the way they look and the quality is superb!

subframes are terrible but that's a side point. I am going to take it up with them and will let you know how I get in.

Bought through Paul at Whifbitz and had to be made a delivered in a very short time frame and they arrive a day early. Thanks very much Paul.

http://img.tapatalk.com/5284f84e-a187-bfe4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/5284f850-a198-3afa.jpg

They look sweeeeeet mate. Love the quilt stitching.

What was wrong with the frames? :(

Stiff and allow the passenger seat to touch the door.

liking them - may i ask how much it was for a pair please?

Cost? They look tasty.

Over 2K :shock:

I've got the same seats and subframes and I agree the subframes are really stiff..!

Does the top of your seat hit the door card?

Yes but only on the passenger side.

Stiff and allow the passenger seat to touch the door.

Hmm - I went through this entire saga with Cobra when I got my misanos 3 years ago. They effectively bought a set of bride frames from Paul and copied those in order to resolve the issue with their frames. I am surprised that this is still an issue.

the other issue with the original cobra frames was that it was close to impossible to get the seatbelt to click due to the seat clicker (or whatever its called) being recessed very low. is that still an issue?

Let me know if I can assist as I was in touch directly with the MD of Cobra and they looked after me extremely well.

imi

Hmm - I went through this entire saga with Cobra when I got my misanos 3 years ago. They effectively bought a set of bride frames from Paul and copied those in order to resolve the issue with their frames. I am surprised that this is still an issue.

the other issue with the original cobra frames was that it was close to impossible to get the seatbelt to click due to the seat clicker (or whatever its called) being recessed very low. is that still an issue?

Let me know if I can assist as I was in touch directly with the MD of Cobra and they looked after me extremely well.

imi

Thanks imi, I will let you know.

I am pretty fuming at the moment as I went to pull away after moving the seat a couple of times and it went flying back despite me thinking I had firmly locked it in place.

The first one could have been really dangerous as it was a full boost launch on lock whilst turning around on a road.

I had already asked Paul to register my dissatisfaction but will be requesting a date for them to have it sorted by.

With mine I don't have a problem locking them into place; My issue is that they are a nightmare to move backwards and forward. I often need to sit on the seat so I am able to use the strenght of my legs to get them to move..!

Another problem is the seat touching the door card on my drivers side; I've tried putting a couple of washers on the door side to raise the seat on one side but not been successful back to the drawing board it is..!

With mine I don't have a problem locking them into place; My issue is that they are a nightmare to move backwards and forward. I often need to sit on the seat so I am able to use the strenght of my legs to get them to move..!

Another problem is the seat touching the door card on my drivers side; I've tried putting a couple of washers on the door side to raise the seat on one side but not been successful back to the drawing board it is..!

How strange, mine touches on the passenger side and is fine on the drivers side.