new speedhut oel dial faces

new head unit

new wheelnuts

oem sideskirts

ww front lip

smoothed front bumper

new black crosshatch mesh

small plate

new steering wheel (as my old one was nackered)

full compound using mop

other little fixes

havent had much time to take good pics, as ive spent the last three days non stop getting her ready...

ill let the pics do the talking,

How she used to look

new headunit :D

new wheel and interior shot

Speedhut dials

wheel refurb & d1 racing nuts

exterior pics

im so pleased with how it came out!

It's almost finished, just waiting for some oem spats, and then im refurbishing the engine plastics as the paint reacted last time.

Rich

Cheers guys! I'm rather pleased with it too!

Linconhawk; they go straight over the needles, and we're very easy to fit, took me 15 minutes!

Tkddav3; I would have loved to get the cf version, but I was worried that it would look a bit strange being the only carbon item on the car!

Thanks Gaz!

:D

Cheers Mitchell! That means a lot coming from you!

I was tempted to carbon wrap it, but I decided to paint it first and see what I thought.

Linconhawk; I fitted the speedhut one underneath the steering colomn, so it's out of site.

Cardiffsupra; they are on the shopping list! When I can afford it I shall have some!

Great transformation! :thumbs: I'm particularily impressed with the wheel refurb, great job.

If you have your old active spoiler lip laying about gather dust and being a general trip hazard, as a kind man I'd be willing to have it off you ;)

Very nice mate, not sure I would have chopped the active spoiler in for the WW but it is my favourite lip and it does look really good as do the blue wheel nuts. All very subtle and just enough to catch the eye as something different, good work.

Cheers guys,

The active front was actually just the blade, I made brackets to attach it in the 'locked down' position, so it didn't need any of the frame or undertray!

I'm probably gonna hang onto it just in case I change my mind tho!

• 3 months later...

Well the supra let me down for the first time last week, (2 an a half years of ownership isn't bad I guess!) the starter motor just gave up at half 1 in the morning :(

So I bought a rebuild kit (for £13.50 delivered! :D )

So after a bit of swearing i got it out of the car and on the bench and started stripping it down.

The old plunger was ok, but as I had a new one in the kit it made sense to change it...

New vs old

Contacts out

Check out the step on the old contact! No wonder it refused to start!

Rebuilt ready to go!

Refitting it was a little easier until I realised the axel stands had sunk into the tarmac and the car was now about an inch lower than before :S

And I also decided to give the brakes a once over too, all good so I repainted the calipers as the paint had seen better days :)

Here's how they looked, so I masked up the supra logo and after a quick clean they were ready for paint.

Quick coat of silver

Some vauxhall Arden blue and lacquer

Then viola!

Also redoing my engine plastics very soon.

took some fancy pics last night too

Just for fun ^^,

Hope you like :)

Did a bit of work on 'tarting' up the engine bay this week, smoothed the cambelt covers :)

And I then gave the bay a good scrub ready for JAE, un-clipped the looms so I could clean underneath them, only issue I've come across now is the empty bolt holes are a little rusty...

Also my cam covers are corroding so I'm considering either polishing them or painting them... What do we think?

If paint, silver? Gun metal? Black? Might do the inlet manifold too.

Edited by Scutch0 (see edit history)