The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1999 Supra

Guest jamesgui

Guest jamesgui

Hi, I am about to buy a 1999 past of Supra SZ 27k completely stock. I would like to change the 17' wheels and lower the car about 15cm. Can anyone recommend the best affordable way to lower the car retaining some integrity regarding comfort. Where to get some OEM skirts and spats?

Best in advance

Jim

Welcome, drop some pictures on here when you pick her up. As Mr Davis has said, springs are the cheapest way, and with the Bilstein suspension they are pretty good depending on which brand you opt for, though Coilovers are the very best option.

As for the skirts and spats, they are as rare as rocking horse poop, you can get aftermarket fibreglass ones but they never fit right, keep your eye on the for sale section and you may get lucky

Cheers

Gaz

To be quite honest though i always said i was going to lower my supra because thats what it seems most people do with other cars to make them look better but with a supra i think if your replacing the 17" wheels anyway i would just get bigger like 19's and i find they fill the arches enough to not need to lower, i have only got 18's on mine and im happy with mine :D you can always add coilovers in the future, they are not a necessity but a nice set of wheels is :D

I doubt you can drop it that much no matter what you did, 15cm is nearly 6 inches, i would

guess the OP means 15mm !

Changing the wheels wont make any differance if you get you tyre profile's right, i run

19's and the differance from the o/e tyre radius is approx 5mm on the front and 12mm

on the rear, i do have quite wide rims with 255 and 295 wide tyres fitted

I have Eibach lowering springs on my car and that drops it approx 30mm front and 25mm rear, i personally

wouldnt want to go much lower if at all

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)