The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear light help needed please

Suprakeith

Hello need bit of help and advice please, i drove home lastnight and had no rear lights on supra, checked today and the bulbs seem ok tryed the brake light function and fog light fuction and all bulbs worked yet have no rear lights when turn lights on, have checked fuses and cant see any blown fuses checked all fuses as didnt know what fuse was for rear lights. please any help or ideas on this

You need a multimeter or ideally a power probe to trace the fault. Could just be a faulty earth, I'm unsure if the rear light clusters share the same earth etc. would be easy to diagnose with a power probe as you can find out where you are losing power or not getting a good earth

Well go and get one :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEALEY-PP1-AUTOMOTIVE-CIRCUIT-TESTER-12V-POWER-PROBE-/140564166948?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item20ba46f924#ht_2784wt_962

Its one of those things that I couldn't manage without, every toolbox should have one.

And I would say that the front and rears are linked, are you sure that all of the fuses are ok? they may look good but nonetheless use a multimete.........oh sorry :)

Is the fuse for rear lights in fuse box in engine bay? as checked all fuses in their but my lid hasnt got the which fuse does what on it. and the fog lights works and lights work when brake and headlights work aswell, the only lights that arent working are rear lights and front side lights, not worried bout front side lights at min, is their a control box for the rear lights anyway? does anyone have ideas as need car for work and finish at midnight so need rear lights working. i have also fitted two new rear bulbs just to make sure

Yea found the panel and am still clueless checked all fuses they seem fine and had look at that link and electrics are my weakness dont understand any of it,lol.

Is anyone able to tell me where the rear light relay is please? as them drawing just confuse me. if dont get it fixed guess will have to take her somewhere

In the fuse box under the bonnet there should be a fuse pulling tool and on the back of the kick panel fuse box there should be a drawing of which fuse does what.

If you can't work out which is what, one at a time pull each one out, inspect and replace until you find the dud.

I have done that already checked all the fuses and they all seem fine, i havent got a drawing on my fuse lid saying what does what as if new what fuse ran them lights would just change it just to make sure as have already changed all bulbs just to make sure

Cheers for the advice will check that, i believe its in the rear passenger wing? can i ask how you sorted yours? did you just buy another module? if so how much did it cost please? i know alot of questions but just need supra back on road asap

I think Pete fixed it with a pair of paper clips. I have a feeling it's mounted to the rear slam panel if memory serves.

Connecting the GREEN wire to the RED bypassing the LFS should tell you if it's failed (remember to unplug the LFS before doing this :D).

Lyndon.

Right have found the module and unpluged module and used paper clip to bridge the red and green wire to test and have the shame results rear fog light is working and when brake that light works, but still have no rear lights,side lights or number plate lights does this mean my module is working fine? if so any other ideas please folks