The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra refresh with track work in mind

downimpact

Planning on a few track days this year and ring trip. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to refresh a few consumables:

bushes

engine mounts

brake master cylinder

crank pulley

Suspension

Is there anything else well recommended besides fluids, pads, discs, semi's etc.. Most of the above are the original stock items, with a fair few track days and years upon them. Also after any recommendations from track day enthusiasts for bushes OEM or something a bit harder, likewise TRD engine mounts worth it? I'm currently BPU, thanks.

Have you got Jspec brakes or something bigger? My JSpec brakes had had enough part way round a lap at the Ring, forcing me to back off a little. Some extra cooling would have helped - scoops under the car followed by pipework aimed at the disks, Bignum stylee (he had UK brakes and still needs the extra cooling but most of us aren't that fast).

I've got UK's with race pads and fluid, never had a problem so far (maybe not fast enough :()

Should be fine then. :) Not sure if you've been before but there are a couple of big braking zones in a row that are also downhill, they are the big test for brakes. If it's your first trip you will be fine as you won't know the place well enough to be be going quick enough to worry UK brakes. My JSpec were fine the first time I went. :)

Should be fine then. :) Not sure if you've been before but there are a couple of big braking zones in a row that are also downhill, they are the big test for brakes. If it's your first trip you will be fine as you won't know the place well enough to be be going quick enough to worry UK brakes. My JSpec were fine the first time I went. :)

Been 5 years since I was last there, will need to get the playstation out and re learn the end of the track. Infact Steve you bought my half used lap ticket off me :)

Oh yeah! :)

Prices have gone through the roof since :(

Thankfully the Euro's going down which will help bring the lap and fuel price down. Maybe under new management by then with a bit of luck, seeming as the current numpties have been trying to ruin it.