The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance

spidermonkey

nope, you'll need a second policy, unless you go on a multi-car type thing, but then I suspect you struggle to insure a supra on one!

WHAT! Well thats ruined my plans. So how do I go about insuring a van and a supra at the same time using my 1 years no claims ive just built up on the car I have now?

WHAT! Well thats ruined my plans. So how do I go about insuring a van and a supra at the same time using my 1 years no claims ive just built up on the car I have now?

get a second policy for the van...

I ran the supra and another car, I had two policies, worked out quite well now :D

get a second policy for the van...

I ran the supra and another car, I had two policies, worked out quite well now :D

Thats what I was planning on doing but can you only use the no claims on 1 policy? Or do I need to build a seperate no claims for the second policy i`ll start?

Thats what I was planning on doing but can you only use the no claims on 1 policy? Or do I need to build a seperate no claims for the second policy i`ll start?

yup, no claims is usually only applied to one policy, but you MAY be able to find an insurer who will duplicate it onto two policies, however, they may not be so competetive on the supra

I've got 12 years no claims and 6 years no claims IIRC. 2 policies.

Although if you are involved in any sort of accident/incident (whether you're at fault or not), it counts against both premiums.

Just bend over and take it. :(

Put the Supra on a classic. No need for no claims and your daily driver will build up your NCB anyway.

Whats this mean by putting it on a classic? Does that mean it will be as cheap as if I did have no claims on it. Does the car not have to fall into a certain catagory to be classed as a classic? Thanks.

Whats this mean by putting it on a classic? Does that mean it will be as cheap as if I did have no claims on it. Does the car not have to fall into a certain catagory to be classed as a classic? Thanks.

How old is your Supe? How old are you? Do you have another car that is used for work/daily driving?

Both me and my missus are 37. We have two other cars in the household on "normal" policies. The Supra is on a limited mileage "classic" policy. I pay £303 for a 97 VVTi Tiptronic doing 5K miles a year. The car is on my drive and we do not aquire any no claims bonus on the Supra as it's on a classic.

H.

How old is your Supe? How old are you? Do you have another car that is used for work/daily driving?

Both me and my missus are 37. We have two other cars in the household on "normal" policies. The Supra is on a limited mileage "classic" policy. I pay £303 for a 97 VVTi Tiptronic doing 5K miles a year. The car is on my drive and we do not aquire any no claims bonus on the Supra as it's on a classic.

H.

Well im 23 with 1 year no claims built up on a car. I havent brought a supra yet but will most probably be pre 96 model. I will also be buying a van probably a LWB Transit. My best quote for the supra with 1 years no claims is £1700 and the van with no No Claims is £1900. Which comes to a total of what ive just payed on this bloody astra ive got.

What are my best options? Should I just bare it and carry on building no claims on both van and car?